Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superchip

mcfcjoe

I have the 180bhp edge has anyone had fitted the chip from super chips to there vechicle ? And if someone has did it make a big difference?

thanks Joe

• Like 1

I have on my 210ps auto. Not a massive difference but every little helps. As I mentioned in another thread I made a video of install and before and after pulls. 

Can you upload your vids please

I have started to put the video together but will be a weekend job to finish.

I have extracted these 0-100kph times from the videos I shot. I started and stopped from the last frame the digital readout on dash was fully at 0 and then as soon as it fully read 100. I did two runs both before and after remap on the same bit of road at around the same time. These are the best times for each. The roads are dry and temps around 12c. Not super accurate but gives you an idea.

Stock = 8.93 Sec

Remapped = 7.98 Sec

The car only had around 600 miles on it when it was fitted so I really cant say how much difference it makes at over taking speed or top end.

• 1 year later...

I've just installed a superchip map today.

What a difference, 1st and second gear lag is gone. The car has instant pickup as well as more power throughout the rev range. In sport mode the car also holds on to the gears longer.

It would be interesting to see if there is any change in your mpg. 

The car is still a bit new to be sure but the fuel economy is certainly no worse, yet. Even with my heavy right foot.😀

how does a chip work then?

can it really stop the delay in finding the right gear at low speed in the auto? even when I change into reverse there is a slight pause before the gear kicks in!

with the gears and clutch being mechanical movement how does the chip speed this up? thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club