Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misfire Question

david389

We got a 2014 Ka 1.2 petrol with just over 10k on the clock last week and last night on the way home from work it came up with an engine error saying something about an injector fault (I haven't been in the car - my wife was driving and checked in the manual). The manual says it is safe to drive at moderate speeds.

The car is booked in to the garage 2 days away but we really need the car between now and then - is it safe to continue driving (sensibly)? There is a loss of power and you can see how it's running from the attached videos.

I don't want to damage the engine or cat and it not be covered under warranty (3 months Ford warranty left) but don't want to not drive it if we can.

Thanks. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59084e49ba094/VID-20170502-WA0000.mp4

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59084e49d2651/VID-20170502-WA0001.mp4

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Checked spark plugs? It's a 20min job at most and can be an obvious fix. When was it last serviced?

Checked spark plugs? It's a 20min job at most and can be an obvious fix. When was it last serviced?

Serviced to schedule and was done at dealers last month. RAC recovery came out and checked it and it isn't drivable. It was towed to the dealers and I'll be breaking it to them that we are returning the car for a refund as I've no faith in the vehicle now.

6 minutes ago, david389 said:

Serviced to schedule and was done at dealers last month. RAC recovery came out and checked it and it isn't drivable. It was towed to the dealers and I'll be breaking it to them that we are returning the car for a refund as I've no faith in the vehicle now.

Tried that with mine - they werent having any of it - i even quoted trading standards and various websites with the law on returning a vehicle within a certain period and what my rights were as consumer, etc - I had it returned to the dealers as undriveable after a problem I'd had and was told "we are refusing to accept your wish to refuse the car" (this was a week later after buying it) - backwards and forwards it went! - Just expect them to come back with something similar! despite what the law says.

Yeah I'm not expecting an easy ride there. What was your eventual outcome?

I've not had issues with mine which surprises me to see. Lots were made some defects happen I guess. I'd return it if I were in the same position though.

Wish you luck in getting a refund.

Surprisingly the garage have agreed that I am entitled to a refund and all we have to do is wait for the V5C to come through so that we can legally sell it back to them, ie get a refund. Hopefully only a few days.

• 1 year later...

We are having a new engine in our Citroen C3 Picasso this week free plus a loan car after being told we would have to pay 40%.

We checked with the "Motor Ombudsman" website and followed their advice.  A letter telling the garage that you are asking the Ombudsman for help may get a result it's worth a try?

1 hour ago, Barry42 said:

We are having a new engine in our Citroen C3 Picasso this week free plus a loan car after being told we would have to pay 40%.

We checked with the "Motor Ombudsman" website and followed their advice.  A letter telling the garage that you are asking the Ombudsman for help may get a result it's worth a try?

Your probably 2 years to late, if your replying to the last post may 2017.lol 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club