Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake change.

Halloween Jack

^ thats crazy facts. I guess the motoring authorities didn't feel the need to standardize a lot of things because cars are evolving quite quickly and there are so many different types of vehicles.

But back to the topic. I don't have any tools to change the brakes myself so I guess I'll have to cough up the cash for an engineer to do it.

^ thats crazy facts. I guess the motoring authorities didn't feel the need to standardize a lot of things because cars are evolving quite quickly and there are so many different types of vehicles.

But back to the topic. I don't have any tools to change the brakes myself so I guess I'll have to cough up the cash for an engineer to do it.

for a few quid you could have the tools, not much is required for the front brakes.

you will need a 7mm allen key, and a large G clamp or one of them large quick clamp things(thats what i use everytime). a small socket set, a tin of brake cleaner and possibly a small paint brush to help remove the dirt.

Yeah now thinking of the cost from the garage I might as well invest in the tools. I also need to change my air filter, oil filter and engine oil. I've checked the fordparts uk website and they have a servicing pack that's £40 something. Is that cheap?

Yeah now thinking of the cost from the garage I might as well invest in the tools. I also need to change my air filter, oil filter and engine oil. I've checked the fordparts uk website and they have a servicing pack that's £40 something. Is that cheap?

the kit thats £47.48? thats excluding vat mind plus delivery.

i dont buy genuine service parts normally but to me the price isnt really that bad.

well if you want genuine parts, i would order them from fordparts, i wouldnt complain at saving 25%.

all the service parts are easy to do, the fuel filter though is a bit fiddly especially if your working on your back. a little patience is needed(some thing i dont always have) but i managed mine without too much bother.

im forever buying tools, cant have enough :lol:

EDIT: by the time you go to an average motor factors with exception to the plugs,

£12 for spark plugs(genuine ford)

£8-10 for air filter

£15 for pollen filter(doesnt have seal kit like the genuine one)

£10 fuel filter

£6 oil filter

thats just cost you over £50 plus you still need a sump plug(old one 'can' be reused if in good nick but good practice to replace). when i bought a pollen filter for mine, it did come with the seal but i cant see it pictured, worthwhile asking first if you are gonna order. plus from fordparts, you can guarantee you will get the right bits!

^ all that sounds good to me. Though I think I'll have to wait for the weather to become warmer before working on the car since I don't have a garage. Can't wait to get started so at least I know what my car is looking inside.

By the way I thought air filter and pollen filter are the same thing!? I read up on the air filter (the one ocated in front of the passenger windscreen) but where is the pollen filter?

^ all that sounds good to me. Though I think I'll have to wait for the weather to become warmer before working on the car since I don't have a garage. Can't wait to get started so at least I know what my car is looking inside.

By the way I thought air filter and pollen filter are the same thing!? I read up on the air filter (the one ocated in front of the passenger windscreen) but where is the pollen filter?

the 'air filter' only filters the air being drawn in by the engine. the pollen filter is to filter the air entering the cabin. i believe the genuine ford pollen filters are a charcoal type which eliminates odour too, alot of aftermarket ones dont have this.

if you look at the pic ive uploaded, should be the same as your 1.6 roughly?

the red is pollen filter and the blue is air filter.

post-3200-1262638187_thumb.jpg

Yup the same! Thanks for the heads up... The weather is not on my side. Really want to get lots of things fixed. My car is stuttering more often during acceleration after changing gears. And then the other night my rear view mirror fell off when driving!

My car is falling apart!! lol..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club