Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mot fail dust covers repair kits legal

victor jones

my fiesta mk6 o5  failed mot on dust cover one for front ball joint and one for track rod ends

just dust covers need replaced

long story last fiesta written off lost £1000 on putting thru mot a month later woman rear ends me car written off book value £700

so replacement car had less than a year just failed mot on dust covers

will these be legal will a garage accept these as a mot pass

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161757630219?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161506286312?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i can work on cars myself so it's no longer economical to take this car to a garage for work after loosing £1000 on my last car

if you want a chuckle at my car being written off

There fine as long they fit well and grease isn't leaking out.

• Like 1

if you are using the split ones (so you do not have to separate the ball joint) you have to be really careful you don't get any grease or dirt on the join before you glue it otherwise you get have trouble getting it to stick and stay together properly. yes they do pass the mot if they fit right and are stuck properly.

I'd rather replace a ball joint than mess around trying to fit those fiddly things lol 

• Like 1

i am thinking about time and cost replacing ball joint is a pain ......seen a video on youtube oh dear put me right off

there out with grinders cutting bolts off lol

Come on now its a bird doing the video lol. no need to remove the arm either. 

EDIT - just realised its a female doing the video not the work lol

I do agree with stef123 that the split ones will be really fiddly.   when doing split type cv boots you can put then round the drive shaft, glue, and then slide along into place, but with these on ball joints you are trying to stick it in situ. I have not tried one but I can see it being very fiddly.

20 hours ago, victor jones said:

my fiesta mk6 o5  failed mot on dust cover one for front ball joint and one for track rod ends

just dust covers need replaced

long story last fiesta written off lost £1000 on putting thru mot a month later woman rear ends me car written off book value £700

so replacement car had less than a year just failed mot on dust covers

will these be legal will a garage accept these as a mot pass

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161757630219?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161506286312?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i can work on cars myself so it's no longer economical to take this car to a garage for work after loosing £1000 on my last car

if you want a chuckle at my car being written off

Is it just my imagination or did you come to a stop on that roundabout for no apparent reason? lol 

i am thinking about time and cost replacing ball joint is a pain ......seen a video on youtube oh dear put me right off

there out with grinders cutting bolts off lol

i was taking the third exit the bus pull out and blocked my exit ....... why i stopped is acceptable to my insurance and third party insurance.

the third party did not check the road was clear at the roundabout did not see the bus pull out infront of me.

basic hazard perception i am sure your pulling my chain here lol

I can see that but if you had slowed down and kept rolling which there was plenty of room in front to do so you would likely not have been hit? 

• Like 1

if the bus had not pulled out and blocked my exit on a blind roundabout that has no vision but a huge bush and tree to block the view.

my reaction was a split second one and unlike the female volvo v70 driver she had no reaction at all what was she thinking.

she had the cheek to blame the bus and start crying passing me a phone to talk to her father !