Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Driver Assist Pack?

vibeone

I have a 2012 focus, titanium non-x but with active park assist.  It therefore has some sort of radar and also various stuff stuck above and below the rear view mirror.

with that in mind, are there any other parts of the drive assistance package that I can enable with focccus?

such as Active City Stop, Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Aid, Traffic Sign Recognition, Auto high beam and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)?

Im assuming probably not but wondered if anyone else had looked into this?

Everything in your list except BLIS requires the camera system. It's the really big assembly that goes behind the mirror. About 2-3 times the size of the standard array of GPS and rain sensors.

Active park assist only uses sensors in the front and rear bumpers.

BLIS requires extra sensors/radar? In the rear bumper which won't be fitted.

So short answer is no.

• Like 1

Active Park Assist and BLIS have nothing to do with the sensors behind the windshield. Active Park Assist only uses the front and rear parking sensors. BLIS uses radar units that are installed behind the rear bumper at the side of the car.

The large window console contains several possible parts:

DSC04105_zpscjhxdynm.jpg

DSC04108_zpsj6xrmnws.jpg

1 and 2 = Lasers and sensors needed for Active City Stop.

3 = Camera needed for Lane Keeping Aid, Traffic Sign Recognition and Auto high beam.

4 = Light and rain sensor.

The Camera needed for Lane Keeping Aid, Traffic Sign Recognition and Auto high beam is only present if the car actually has these options. If not the camera and (part of the) wiring will be missing. Next to this these systems do also require some other additional parts. 

That's good enough for me. I'd rather have a straight answer! 2/3 times the size of the already ridiculous sensor mounts?! Bad enough trying to locate a dashcam as it is!

thanks!

edit: I had wondered why active park was so popular considering it seems like it must be a complicated system (and not massively useful for most), but I guess this explains it - it doesn't need the extra bits beyond parking sensors

• 2 years later...
On 5/6/2017 at 10:21 AM, vibeone said:

That's good enough for me. I'd rather have a straight answer! 2/3 times the size of the already ridiculous sensor mounts?! Bad enough trying to locate a dashcam as it is!

thanks!

edit: I had wondered why active park was so popular considering it seems like it must be a complicated system (and not massively useful for most), but I guess this explains it - it doesn't need the extra bits beyond parking sensors

Well I’m attempting this. Just ordered the first few parts. It has been done but getting hold of the parts at a good price will be difficult. 

• 6 months later...

Do you know what that big camera is called. Ive got the same mount missing the camera and im thinking of doing this too. 

6 hours ago, razer1137 said:

Do you know what that big camera is called. Ive got the same mount missing the camera and im thinking of doing this too. 

This camera is literally called the forward facing camera, as a module it's called image processing module A (IPMA)

• 5 weeks later...

I have the massive windscreen mount but no camera. Is there no way of removing the plastic and accessing the unit fron inside the car rather than removing the windscreen. 

• 11 months later...

Hi all I have fitted the driver assistance pack in my last ford focus. It's pretty straightforward and is even easier if you have the heated steering wheel as an option in your focus otherwise you have to remove the steering wheel and replace the whole squib. Also in the MK3 facelift you need to ensure you use the correct IPMA module otherwise you will run into problems. Below is a list of the parts you need. If your car has Active City Stop present like on the Titanium X models then you can swap out the jumper loom for one that has the camera connection.

Driver Assistance Pack

Traffic Sign Recognition, Lane Keeping Aid, Driver Alert, Automatic High Beam.

Parts required:

IPMA Module - F1FT-19H406-AH (AH is the latest revision but AC,AD or AE will also work)
Jumper Wire - F1ET-14G533-AB
Left Stalk w/ Lane Keep - CV6T-13335-BE
Squib - F1FT-3F944-AC/DV6T-14A664-AA
(w/ Lane Keep Assist, w/o Heated Steering Wheel)
Squib - F1FT-3F944-BC/F1FT-14A664-AA
(w/ Heated Steering Wheel) (You can use either of the squibs even if you don't have the heated steering wheel option but the squib does not need to be replaced if you do)

Bracket 1 - BM5T-19H505-AA
Bracket 2 - BM5T-19H505-BA

• 10 months later...
On 8/29/2021 at 12:47 AM, gaz2613 said:

Hi all I have fitted the driver assistance pack in my last ford focus. It's pretty straightforward and is even easier if you have the heated steering wheel as an option in your focus otherwise you have to remove the steering wheel and replace the whole squib. Also in the MK3 facelift you need to ensure you use the correct IPMA module otherwise you will run into problems. Below is a list of the parts you need. If your car has Active City Stop present like on the Titanium X models then you can swap out the jumper loom for one that has the camera connection.

Driver Assistance Pack

Traffic Sign Recognition, Lane Keeping Aid, Driver Alert, Automatic High Beam.

Parts required:

IPMA Module - F1FT-19H406-AH (AH is the latest revision but AC,AD or AE will also work)
Jumper Wire - F1ET-14G533-AB
Left Stalk w/ Lane Keep - CV6T-13335-BE
Squib - F1FT-3F944-AC/DV6T-14A664-AA
(w/ Lane Keep Assist, w/o Heated Steering Wheel)
Squib - F1FT-3F944-BC/F1FT-14A664-AA
(w/ Heated Steering Wheel) (You can use either of the squibs even if you don't have the heated steering wheel option but the squib does not need to be replaced if you do)

Bracket 1 - BM5T-19H505-AA
Bracket 2 - BM5T-19H505-BA

Hi, sorry to restart an old thread, what programming is required, also are clocks needed to be changed due to differences in software. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club