Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bird Noise?????

sonic113

Ok I started getting a noise from the engine bay the last few weeks. when I rev it goes away and comes back sometimes at idle,

Its starting to get a bit of a dose especially when im at the traffic lights lol! Now this might sound silly but its sounds a little like a bird chirping and before anyone asks no there is no birds in the engine bay lol!:smile:

Using the old long screwdriver to the ear trick I think its coming from the alternator, Now all voltages seems ok but I was thinking maybe the bearing in the alternator has maybe dried out a little causing this but not sure?? If its not too serious I could put up with ot until I get a chance to change it but just wanna check what the folks on here think it could be.

Thanks

No idea what that is but my son has an ITG filter upgrade which sounds exactly like a chirruping bird

next time you fill up, put some trill in your tank

I reckon it's your drive belt/ pulleys, spray some WD-40 around the drive belt tensioner area and see if that cures that bird singing. It won't hurt the bird so the RSPB need not know. 😋

• Like 3

As Wilto says, WD40 or whilst the engine is running, you can drip a small amount of water onto the belt, if the noise vanishes then it's time to get a new belt.

• Like 1

In the old days we used a dollop of belt jam, I kid you not.

• Like 2

I could swear its coming from the alternator but i will add some wd40 round the belts and tensiors and see how that goes. Thanks fellas.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club