10 minutes ago, waynes had enough with it said:

I’m getting this reading on pins 6-14 obd 

with engine bay plugs disconnected 

mans blue plug on PCM 

A54FD026-DDC6-4B10-BD00-46DC5B5D3508.jpeg

C86ED4DA-3F1D-4702-8D6C-C1E76B4B2171.jpeg

8D542E9B-8B4E-432C-BADB-BCEC7808C276.jpeg

361973A5-322B-484F-8515-C234DDFAEA23.jpeg

If I check pin 3-11 on obd with everything plugged in I get 60oms and if I just unplug the engine plug I get 120oms7AA4BFD5-7B12-499E-93B4-0EF520B9E13E.thumb.jpeg.a5e85a7fff2c9104ebdb66b9a9a41e82.jpeg

D6F78E7A-576A-45AF-91BC-5AC4EC272BD2.jpeg

B1AB4E8D-90F4-4CAB-BA4B-EDC1ED681417.jpeg

DFFA9C8F-94F3-47E5-A411-AAC852DCCABF.jpeg

Does anyone have a wiring diagram on what pins to test on what plugs 

According to the diagram I am looking at the HS CAN connector routing is;

CJB (BCM) => DLC => C23-CD => C12-AB => PCM (ECU)

Connector C23-CD is shown around passenger side of centre console, should be a 12 pin connector. Bus pins are 5 & 6, they should be a twisted pair, White & White/Blue. 

Connector C12-AB is in the left hand A pillar. Looks like a 40 pin multiplug

See if you can find the C23-CD connector. Reseat it and check for 60ohms there.
The other connector could be tough to get to.C23-CD.thumb.jpg.b9d66498b999eb88ec9f2f4b79b7c322.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan62 said:

According to the diagram I am looking at the HS CAN connector routing is;

CJB (BCM) => DLC => C23-CD => C12-AB => PCM (ECU)

Connector C23-CD is shown around passenger side of centre console, should be a 12 pin connector. Bus pins are 5 & 6, they should be a twisted pair, White & White/Blue. 

Connector C12-AB is in the left hand A pillar. Looks like a 40 pin multiplug

See if you can find the C23-CD connector. Reseat it and check for 60ohms there.
The other connector could be tough to get to.C23-CD.thumb.jpg.b9d66498b999eb88ec9f2f4b79b7c322.jpg

Thanks I will try and look tomorrow 

I can’t see plug c12-ab in the drawing 

c23 I think I’ve  found white plug in picture at the bottom left

am I checking ohms  with the plugs connected or disconnected or one plug to the other 

81DF865D-5FBB-4AA2-A69B-635ABE0D8B45.jpeg

Great you found the twisted White & White/Blue wires.
The connector you have doesn't match the diagram I have but at least you've found the routing.

Unplug the connector and check for 120 ohms on both plug and socket, I think the side that has the female pins goes back towards the DLC and the male pins go towards the PCM.

The C12 connector is shown on a different diagram, the wiring is likely to be in the A pillar somewhere but I can't say where for sure now as I'm not looking at the correct wiring diagram. You'll just have to look for the  twisted White & White/Blue wires.

The only other diagrams I can find are for much later models with the DLC integrated into the Gateway Module and not terminating at the CJB BCM.

JIC it helps;

C12-AB.thumb.jpg.b55e798323e2d690a6a1ae0abc535bf0.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan62 said:

Great you found the twisted White & White/Blue wires.
The connector you have doesn't match the diagram I have but at least you've found the routing.

Unplug the connector and check for 120 ohms on both plug and socket, I think the side that has the female pins goes back towards the DLC and the male pins go towards the PCM.

The C12 connector is shown on a different diagram, the wiring is likely to be in the A pillar somewhere but I can't say where for sure now as I'm not looking at the correct wiring diagram. You'll just have to look for the  twisted White & White/Blue wires.

The only other diagrams I can find are for much later models with the DLC integrated into the Gateway Module and not terminating at the CJB BCM.

JIC it helps;

C12-AB.thumb.jpg.b55e798323e2d690a6a1ae0abc535bf0.jpg

Ok so I’ve checked ohms reading the same on these plugs one plug was connected wile the other one was tested

the black plug runs off through the bulkhead to engine 

and the white plug runs up and around the dash inside the car

2CD7A3CD-1760-4C60-9653-6236712F7D47.jpeg

D5198F59-8F68-4E8A-8EB4-8AC0181CE988.jpeg

B2F78E51-997E-4E0D-AE75-36891596FE6F.jpeg

Hi Wanye, I can see from the photo you checked the female half, did you also test the male pins on the other half ?

20 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Wanye, I can see from the photo you checked the female half, did you also test the male pins on the other half ?

Yes no reading on the other sides of plug

Hi Wayne, the side of the connector with no reading is the side with the fault. The male pins should be going to the PCM (Dan62 can you please confirm this for Wayne). There is a 120 ohm resistor inside the PCM so you should have had 120 ohm on each half of the connector.

You need to do a continuity test between the wires on the half of C23 that is open circuit and the connector of the PCM, I expect you will find a break in one of the wires, or even both but that would most likely indicate that there is another connector between C23 and the PCM.

Test the wires and let us know what you find.

Dan62 will be able to confirm if there are more connectors in the harness.

31 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Wayne, the side of the connector with no reading is the side with the fault. The male pins should be going to the PCM (Dan62 can you please confirm this for Wayne). There is a 120 ohm resistor inside the PCM so you should half had 120 ohm on each have of the connector.

You need to do a continuity test between the wires on the half of C23 that is open circuit and the connector of the PCM, I expect you will find a break in one of the wires, or even both but that would most likely indicate that there is another connector between C23 and the PCM.

Test the wires and let us know what you find.

Dan62 will be able to confirm if there are more connectors in the harness.

Ok cheers will let you know what I find

3 hours ago, Dan62 said:

How are you getting on?

Hi sorry for the late reply just finished a 12 hr night shift 

I’ve tested the plus the white to blue plug at the board and resistance it good on both wires at 6 ohms, with the blue plug plugged into the board I get the 122 ohms on female side

on the male side nothing open circuit that side of the plug runs off up the dash to ?

Just now, waynes had enough with it said:

Hi sorry for the late reply just finished a 12 hr night shift 

I’ve tested the plus the white to blue plug at the board and resistance it good on both wires at 6 ohms, with the blue plug plugged into the board I get the 122 ohms on female side

on the male side nothing open circuit that side of the plug runs off up the dash to ?

ED91A3E6-9524-48B9-992E-004E449597F8.jpeg

6E27572F-2899-4AFC-9DDD-7A73F69EF272.jpeg

Hello Wayne, I'm not sure we are understanding each other, this is getting a bit indepth but lets crack on and get this fixed.

The half of the connector with the pins that are open circuit should be the end of the harness thats from the PCM. Have you managed to locate the PCM unit ?

You need to do a continuity check from the plug of the PCM back to the connector with the male pins. Sorry if this is already what you have done but I'm not sure that I'm correctly understanding what you have tested so far.

If you check from the plug of the PCM back to the other connector and all is well, then the next step is to check the pins on the PCM itself, and you should get 120 ohms.

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Hello Wayne, I'm not sure we are understanding each other, this is getting a bit indepth but lets crack on and get this fixed.

The half of the connector with the pins that are open circuit should be the end of the harness thats from the PCM. Have you managed to locate the PCM unit ?

You need to do a continuity check from the plug of the PCM back to the connector with the male pins. Sorry if this is already what you have done but I'm not sure that I'm correctly understanding what you have tested so far.

If you check from the plug of the PCM back to the other connector and all is well, then the next step is to check the pins on the PCM itself, and you should get 120 ohms.

So I’m guessing the pcm is the fuse board in the passenger foot well and that’s what the blue multi plug goes to

ive  unplug that and tested the wiring from there to the white plug as in picture

wiring seems ok however the other side of the white plug that connected to that has open circuit where does it go to as it runs up through the dash

i will check the two pins on the board in the morning to see if I get a reading or open circuit 

Hi Wayne now I understand where we are going wrong. The Fuse board  is the BCM - Body Control Module.

You need the PCM - Power Control Module or as it may be called the ECU

You have proved the BCM is ok, but now you need the PCM.

Dan62 might be able to help you locate it.

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Wayne now I understand where we are going wrong. The Fuse board  is the BCM - Body Control Module.

You need the PCM - Power Control Module or as it may be called the ECU

You have proved the BCM is ok, but now you need the PCM.

Dan62 might be able to help you locate it.

It’s ok I know where that is passenger wing 

I will do some test on that side 

and let you know 

19 hours ago, waynes had enough with it said:

It’s ok I know where that is passenger wing 

I will do some test on that side 

and let you know 

Ok done some checks to ecu and abs can link , blue and white from large black plug in foot well and on on wire ok but is getting High resistance on the pin next to it

is there anything else on the circuit 

I think I have 2 wires touching each other somewhere 

74DF28D2-9EA5-40FA-B2F6-4560BAA34E8D.jpeg

0E8053BE-52FC-4EAD-9AC9-86BC7014F34D.jpeg

A7C62A84-050D-426F-BC07-9C1EB964AE1E.jpeg

ECFAFC9F-C197-4DAC-8595-D327C1125929.jpeg

27E1E301-DDF2-48F0-BAD7-EA8CA7DA544C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dan62 said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you have written.
See attached diagram, it might help.

hs_can.pdf 336.61 kB · 2 downloads

Ok 

the black plug in the first picture has can link wires white, white/blue and they run through the bulkhead into the engine bay

ive tested the wires white to white to the  pcm and abs and both read ok on resistance but if I cross over from one end only say I am on the plain white wire on the black plug and check the white pin terminal at pcm is ok, but if I move across to the blue/white pin abs end only that’s when I get high resistance so I’m going from white at one end and over to b/W the other end 

so that would be normal or are there wires touching each over

From what you have checked I would say the white/blue wire is broken between the black connector and the engine compartment.

As previously mentioned there should be another connector inside the vehicle, A pillar / bulkhead area which is where you need to look next. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dan62 said:

From what you have checked I would say the white/blue wire is broken between the black connector and the engine compartment.

As previously mentioned there should be another connector inside the vehicle, A pillar / bulkhead area which is where you need to look next. 

Ok cheers will take a look Saturday some time 

so would the male side off that plug run back to the obd plug or does it go through the BCM first

Just gone through the posts again.
Looks like the black plug with wires going through the bulkhead is the one I thought we were still searching for :confused1:.

Leave the Black plug disconnected and now working under the bonnet check the CAN BUS resistance at the ABS connector, it should be 120 ohms with the PCM connector plugged in.
Forget about the BCM and obd end, you have verified that is ok.
If the above test is 120 ohms the break is between the black plug and the ABS connector. If its high resistance or open circuit the break is in the engine bay.

• Like 1