Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Gear Feels... Rough?

BigDaveRS

When i slip it into first sometimes the movement is no where near as smooth as the rest, almost like i'm shifting through stones if you get what i mean? haha i'm new to driving sorry.

Stationary or moving?

12 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Stationary or moving?

stationary but a couple of times while moving.

While moving could be normal, just due to the synchro and torque blockers.

Shouldn't really do it when stationary though.

Is yours mapped at all? Almost sounds like a bad synchro.

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

While moving could be normal, just due to the synchro and torque blockers.

Shouldn't really do it when stationary though.

Is yours mapped at all? Almost sounds like a bad synchro.

Nah mate not at all, bought it 3 weeks ago and I've been in contact with the previous owner, never been mapped like.

All the Fords I have driven so far have brilliant gearboxes on them, dead easy to slip in and out of gears when stationary and moving, especially compared to my families Toyota and Peugeot (its a work van ok :)). For a car only 3 years old, the syncro's shouldn't have worn that much. Sounds like a box problem to me.

Goes without saying, don't take what we say on here as gospel. Remember we haven't seen the car or tried it for ourselves, so don't go to the wreckers tomorrow and buy a new gearbox haha. Take it to a mechanic if it seems a real problem

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 9:17 PM, Luke4efc said:

All the Fords I have driven so far have brilliant gearboxes on them, dead easy to slip in and out of gears when stationary and moving, especially compared to my families Toyota and Peugeot (its a work van ok :)). For a car only 3 years old, the syncro's shouldn't have worn that much. Sounds like a box problem to me.

Goes without saying, don't take what we say on here as gospel. Remember we haven't seen the car or tried it for ourselves, so don't go to the wreckers tomorrow and buy a new gearbox haha. Take it to a mechanic if it seems a real problem

Haha i wouldn't jump the gun that quick like, ill take it to a local mechanic and get a second opinion.

Cheers man

• Like 1