Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Badge

Whirljack

I've just bought a nice 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium Focus, 2011 reg.

It's immaculate apart from the boot badge is badly worn. I've seen replacements on Fleabay for £18-20.

My question is, are they easy to change?

Thanks in advance!

Warm it up with a hair dryer and use a bit of fishing line to pull thought it to remove :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

Warm it up with a hair dryer and use a bit of fishing line to pull thought it to remove :smile:

Cheers for the response!

Could you explain that process please? I do fish (sea), so have line. Up to 60lb I think.

Sorry for being a dumbass...

Although I've never done it I think the idea is that you warm the badge with the hairdrier to soften the glue under the badge. You then use a fine-ish fishing line - garotte style - to separate the badge from the car. Think flossing but with a longer length of line. Work slowly and re-warm when the line starts to drag too much

Good luck

• Like 1

Ah right! I get you now.

It seems pretty non-invasive so I'll give that a go.

Thanks!

The mk3 I bought was mint apart from the knackered back badge.  I asked if Ford still do it for free, which they don't, but they fixed it FOC anyway.  Hopefully the replacements are better than the originals?

I did mine and ruined it :(

I took my time, used a hair dryer, hot water from the kettle on a sponge and I tried to ease the glue backing off.

There were remnants left and as I continued to rub and rub at it I rubbed the lacquer off :blush:

Made a bit of a mess actually, so what I did was get the new style Focus badge on there and a new S badge too, now it looks more bling than totally debadged and I live to fight another day :yahoo:

• Like 1

My MK3 2011 was the same when I bought it last year. Got them to replace both the boot and the bonnet badges for free cause they looked a state! Replacements seem to be doing ok for now.

I noticed mine has really deteriorated in the last few months and was thinking of getting one of these from eBay.

I'd be careful if I were you in case you damage paintwork/lacquer I took mine to Ford got them to do it 

There are two badges now one is a better quality one so the lawyer doesn't come off the badge think it was about £3 more I opted for that one badge plus fitting of it was about £20

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a boot one from eBay and just stuck it straight on top of the old one, can't tell and has been on for just over a year. Just make sure you clean the old one and let it dry before adding the new.

There was or is a recal for the Mk3 boot badge, I'll see if I can find it, I know we all had it changed a few years back and was discussed on a different forum. 

I took my Titanium in and it was changed free of charge . 

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/161837-tailgate-ford-badge-removal/page-11?hl=+boot +badge

looks like the scheme ended to replace the badges Jan 2016 for free. Sorry. 

I can confirm that the scheme has now ended.

I got a memo from my local dealership service desk confirming the end date-

scan0001.thumb.jpg.e6157e3b6e7973ff2a0ea09c573759d4.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club