Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just fell off my chair

S666LER

Just rang my local stealership and asked for a price on the Eibach lowering springs and also how much to fit.....

Ford-''Well sir the springs themselves come out at £131.32''

Me-''Excellent well can you also ask how much to fit them???''

Ford-''............. well you are looking at 3 hours and that comes in at £264 to fit them, so all in £395.32''

Me-''...............''

Ford-''Hello?''

Me-''Yea erm i will get back to you thanks''

Ford''Ok thanks for calling''

Sorry but am i the only one who thinks thats insane. I could change the springs on my yaris on my driveway in just over an hour, what the hell!!!!!!!

Think i will leave that for a bit.

Read someone on here got charged £80 to fit there springs at a ford dealership????any tips lol

Just get a local independent garage to fit them, simples. I've heard that Kwik Fit are cowboys - want to trust them with your car?

Reason for going to ford was to keep warrenty

In theory, as long as genuine Ford parts are used you can get work done at any garage and Ford will still have to honour the waranty.....so Kwik Fit or similar national franchises would be fine. Smaller, local garages might be open to more questioning in the event that anything went wrong.

the trick with local independent is that they must be VAT registered and either stamp your service book (if a service is what you want) with their stamp which includes the VAT number or give a full official receipt for work done including part numbers of the springs and then stamped with the VAT number, or printed on it :)

service parts often need to be genuine to make manufacturer happy too :)

Want to know what's more amusing?

Eibach kit for the Focus is about £120 from Ford.

A set of replacement stock springs? That'll be £300 please sir. Oh and if you buy in the new year, add on the increase in VAT. I near lauged in the face of the guy that told me today at the dealer.

To keep warranty in check, as Piggy says, needs to be at a VAT registered garage and genuine Ford parts MUST be used to service the car with.

You can buy a servicing kit for quite cheap online, which includes all the parts required, and fluids. You simply then pay the garage to do the labour.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club