Do Not Sell My Personal Information

information

filandeb

Anyone know what the function of the green 4 pin Fakra like connector is on the back of the satnav mfd screen and also where I might get a mating connector for it, I've tried eBay without much success.

If anyone knows where the sync-gen2 module is located, I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks in advance

This is for the Rear reverse camera connection.

If it is 4-pin it is not a Fakra connector. It is a Rosenberger HSD connector.

Sync-gen2 (SYNC 2) has the APIM module mounted on the back of the 8 Inch touchscreen.

@ victory - that's what I thought as well, but I'm not sure it gets used in the Focus.

@ JW1982 - fair comment about the connector.

I'm going from the wiring diagrams kindly supplied by Preee. They are for the 2011 build (which matches my year), which I thought pre-dated SYNC 2 (which I understood was a capability and not a specific piece of hardware) and 8 inch touchscreen (but I could well be wrong here). I now have the 5 inch MFD (satnav). - non touchscreen. My car also has bluetooth and (sort of) very limited voice control. I suspect that BTVC and sync-gen2  are mutually exclusive. Looking at the diagrams the sync-gen2 appears to be a module (has a connector, pins etc.) There is also a separate module on the same diagram (page 84) which calls itself 'media connectivity module sync 2'. Amongst other things the sync-gen2 module connects to the factory reversing camera, which is where my interest lies. I am trying to work out how that system connects together and works. As far as I can tell from the wiring diagrams, the video signal travels from the camera to the sync-gen 2 module and since I can't see any other way for it to get there, it would appear that the signal then gets to the MFD via one of the CAN busses, The multimedia CAN bus looks favorite because it also goes the rear camera interface module (apart from controlling the power to the camera, I can't really see what else this module is doing, but it is apparently needed).

What I'm trying to do is retrofit a reversing camera with guide lines. I want to use the existing MFD screen, as per the oem install. If the HSD connector is a camera input, then I would use that. Reversing cameras that would probably do the job are cheap and easy, but so far I've not been able to find any information about it or mating connectors (in reasonable quantities) or adaptor leads and so on. I've purchased  some of the parts for retrofitting the oem camera and removed the entire rear interior and have dissected the wiring looms to work out what bits are missing. The front will have to wait until there's a period when I don't have to drive the car for a few days. The information I have is incomplete and I'm trying to find the missing bits, if anyone can help fill in the gaps, I would appreciate it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club