Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Identifying my car

Rondo

I just purchased a 1.4 Fiesta Zetec auto 2011. Which I am assuming is a Mk7, but I can't figure out how I can tell if it's a pre-facelift or a facelift. My reason for needing to know is that the car came without car mats - just the base black carpet, when I try to shop on line for a new set of mats I have options of facelift or pre-facelift and date range 2008-2011, 2011-2013, 2010-2012. I've also noticed that I have the option of round or oval clips BUT, guess what, there doesn't appear to be any driver side anchor points! Arrrrrrgh!

they don't make it easy!

2011 would be a prefacelift. If there are no location points for the drivers carpet you may well find that the mat comes with plastic screw in fittings. Check with the mat supplier.

the facelift has the newer front as shown in Karl46 picture above 

eBay sellers and that don't half make it awkward. As you said they put random dates on, but also seem to think there is a mk8 and even a mk9, neither of which exist, yet.

The confusion comes from the fact that Ford do not officially subscribe to the mk scheme of things.
Parts sellers tend to also consider facelifted models as a whole new model and therefore mislabel them incrementally.
If that was the way of things my Focus would be considered a mk6 🤔

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

some online sellers show what we know in the UK as a Mk6 as a MK V and what we know in the UK as a MK7 as a MK VI.

It all went wrong when what we know as a Mk5 came out and other countries knew it as a MK4 facelift.

The Fiesta facelift for the mk7 came in 2013, so yours would be a pre-facelift. If you search on Google for a Fiesta mk7 and then a Fiesta mk7 facelift, if you compare the front-end design you'll notice the differences.

As isetta states, in the UK the mk6/7 numbering got confused as in the UK when the Mk4 facelift was released, we referred to it as the mk5; so on some sites you might see the mk7 being referred to as the mk6. If you run into this, try to match your vehicle based on the year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club