Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

is headlight tint legal

AlexBartlam

i had a driving app called shotgun and iv gotten £12.50 worth of amazon rewards (could of chosen a other rewards) and iv seen headlight tint on there id like to do it to give a darker look not too dark just a light black, would doing this fail the mot or would it be legal, iv seen many cars with it and a fellow fiesta near me.

as regards to the app it cuts off at 1000 miles iv made a new account so ill be getting another £12.50 added haha then start the process again. might as well milk the service.

Afaik the answer is no.

You can (or could) get away with fly eyes as they weren't actually a tint, just gave the illusion of one.

Also consider it will reduce the light output of your headlights, which defeats the point of fitting better ones.

yeah this has been on my mind since the idea popped in, ill settle with eyebrows iv got my eye on at the min, they'll give it the look i want, as for fly eye i had seen it but its the perforation i dont like im worried it will look naff if i bought it.

i knew the light output will be affected which is why i was considering light black to give a slight shading.

for the mean time iv found a good deal on led interior upgrade kit for £10 

Just something to bear in mind is that the front windows are usually a 30% tint. They barely look tinted and yet that means a 30% reduction in light transmission.

yeah i knew that the front windows are tinted to a degree, was speaking to a local company about it last week as i need my rear tints redoing.

I personally think any tint, fly eyes or not looks naff.

If you really want darker headlights, I think it's better to go down the route of having the insides painted. (Not the reflectors/lens obviously, lol).

iv seen this done does look smart might be something to look into.