Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello from a new member and a new Fiesta!

Javiatrix

Hi everyone!

I'll have to keep this quick as I'm just on my way out the door to pick up my new Fiesta Zetec! Just thought I'd say hi, and as per the tradition here that I've seen from having a browse, I'll get some pics up for you all soon, but if what I've seen so far is anything to go by, it may be tomorrow by the time I've finished having fun with the new vehicle!

I must admit, it's slightly heartbreaking to see my old '97 Mazda 323 go - she's sure served me well, but I always wanted to be the last owner of her, so I'm glad to know exactly where and when she's off to meet her maker :)

Sorry to be so brief, will give a proper introduction when I'm next around, but just wanted to make myself and my new machine known to you all!

All the best,

Jack :D

Welcome! sounds like you have an exciting afternoon ahead of you!

Pictures are always good!! Where abouts in the Midlands do you reside??

Welcome to the FOC!

It's like the YMCA except we have a garage B)

Hi Jack, and welcome to the FOC :D

I'm sure you're very excited to pick up your new car. I'm certain you won't be disappointed with it!!!

Could you tell us what engine, colour etc. you've gone for?

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! B)

Well she's currently sat on the driveway outside - I decided to stay in for a little while so I still have it all to look forward to next time I have a drive, but I'm not sure how much longer I can sit around looking at her! Hmmm, need a new remote control for the TV, so there's my excuse...!

Mike (if I may call you so?) - I'm a born and bred Northampton chap, but I'm all over the place these days with what I'm doing (another excuse, see, I've got all corners covered!).

aph1101 - I've just gone for the 1.25 petrol Zetec in Panther Black with the bluetooth and voice control. This is something I love about the Fiesta - if you want something with a bit of umph and get up and go, the options are there with the higher engines, but for someone like me, economy, looks and things to play with inside are the most important factors. The last car was rapid enough, I guess you could say I've got it out my system, and am looking for a bit of comfort and sensibility these days! (but not TOO much of the latter, hence the Fiesta!).

Tell you what, I'll leave the pics until tomorrow, as there's an absence of multi stories round my area and I want to make sure she's well lit. I'll give her a good wash as well, this of course being the down side of having a black car, but that's one reason I chose the Zetec - I think the chrome along the side sills really brings off the colour. :)

Well thanks again for the great welcome, I'll definitely keep you all up to date and get some pics up tomorrow if the rain holds off for long enough!

All the best B)

That's a nice choice of car, Jack :D I've got a bit of a soft spot for the black ones...nearly went for black on our car! I agree that the chrome really makes the colour stand out....sorry Flic and any other ZS owners :lol:

I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

Alex

Cheers guys for making me feel welcome!

bILLOO - I'm a Duston boy! I live not a million miles away from Sixfields, what about yourself? ;)

Cheers guys for making me feel welcome!

bILLOO - I'm a Duston boy! I live not a million miles away from Sixfields, what about yourself? ;)

Ah, you got your car from Hopping Hill then? :P

Am from Rectory Farm, the 'not so nice' part of Northampton. :unsure:

Mike (if I may call you so?) - I'm a born and bred Northampton chap, but I'm all over the place these days with what I'm doing (another excuse, see, I've got all corners covered!).

You may so call me Mike!

and it's not proper midlands then.....:P

Welcome to the forum, Jack. It sounds like an excellent choice of car you've made.

We also had to say goodbye to our faithfull old car: an eleven-year old Megane, (under the scrappage scheme) ... a very sad moment. But, we are more than happy with our new Fiesta - it's the best car we've ever owned.

Happy motoring. :)

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Hi everyone - have some pics as promised - unfortunately only taken a few as she's on the driveway, but I'll get some good ones of the rear when I have her out in the open somewhere! Also, I have a small problem with the car - occasionally when driving along (it doesn't matter whether central locking is on or off), I'll get an alert telling me the driver's side front or rear door is open, sometimes both! It strikes me as strange, seeing as this happens even when all the doors are locked, but if you scroll down to picture 3, you'll see what I think has something to do with it. Look at the chrome trim, it looks to me like the driver's door is sat slightly higher than the rear door, whereas on the other side it is flush. Am taking it in on Monday to get it sorted out, but asides from that, I'm over the moon with the car. Am averaging 42 MPG since picking up, and anywhere between 50-60 mpg when on the straight and narrow, which is good for my pocket!

Anyway, on with the pics... B)

car01t.jpg

car02.jpg

The offending trim!

car03.jpg

As I said, I'll get some better ones when I'm in a position to, but these will have to do for now...!

Cheers everyone :D

I have a small problem with the car - occasionally when driving along (it doesn't matter whether central locking is on or off), I'll get an alert telling me the driver's side front or rear door is open, sometimes both! It strikes me as strange, seeing as this happens even when all the doors are locked, but if you scroll down to picture 3, you'll see what I think has something to do with it. Look at the chrome trim, it looks to me like the driver's door is sat slightly higher than the rear door, whereas on the other side it is flush.

Hello and welcome. Your car looks really good, I do like the black! I've also noticed the message about the door being open, but have put this down to it displaying the last message before you turn on or alter the stereo. I've checked the doors but notice I can be driving down the road with it saying that unless I've changed the track on the CD player or something - but if your door doesn't look like it's closed properly than this may be the reason!!

Hope you enjoy your car, I can't wait until the warmer Spring & Summer months to enjoy it properly! Looking forward to seeing more photos from you!