Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordered it at last.

vectra

I've been out to my car. Using bluetooth, the album artwork pic displays on the right of the screen. If the touch the image, it goes to another screen with a slightly larger image of the album art work, although, occasionally a photo of the artist will appear. 

On mine, plugging my phone into USB takes me into CarPlay. 

When I had Sync 2 on my Edge, the USB connection was very hit and miss. It would freeze up a lot! 🙁

It will all make sense when you see it. Lol! 😀

• Like 1

Says the man that posted that with his Ipad :whip:

Pmsl! That is just awesome, I never even thought lol I use the iPad for YouTube, Facebook and Tapatalk because it seems to perform a little better than the android tablets I have tried. My phones have always been Samsung and before that it was Blackberry and before even that it was the trusty Nokia. I've never owned an iPhone, promise [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Pmsl! That is just awesome, I never even thought lol I use the iPad for YouTube, Facebook and Tapatalk because it seems to perform a little better than the android tablets I have tried. My phones have always been Samsung and before that it was Blackberry and before even that it was the trusty Nokia. I've never owned an iPhone, promise emoji106.png

You are forgiven LOL :yahoo:

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 1:32 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Don't be swayed @vectra stand strong and stick with Android! Apple is for people who don't understand technology emoji6.png android is so customisable and you can expand the memory in several phones.

Ehhhh...Controversial stuff....... :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my Ford Mondeo ST-Line X 2.0 180PS 5dr (in Deep Impact Blue) for just over a month now. Just completed 1000 miles 'running-in' so starting to utilise some of the car's 'potential'!

The running-in period is stated in the owner's manual.   As it suggests I've ignored the fuel consumption readings for the first 1000 miles (as I've got just over 45 MPG).  However, on Friday, after a 100-plus miles trip the MPG had started to creep up (good news) across the three trip computers I'm measuring (from Day 1, from last fill-up and weekly). 

I have rear privacy glass, the upgraded Sony audio and park assist as fitted options.

Despite some trepidation, I have utilised park assist successfully on several occasions both in parallel parking and parking bay situations. 

In terms of navigation you've got three choices.  You can utilise the stock set-up.  However, in addition you can download the Ford Pass app (I'm on Android), sync it with your car's Van details and then get live traffic information via your phone's data connection.  The third option is you can utilise Android Auto and its associated Google Navigation.  You do need to connect your phone to the car via a wired USB connection.  In doing this the user interface on screen will be that of Android Auto (not Sync 3).

The Ford Pass app is one of the compatible apps that work with Sync3.  As well as providing the traffic information for the car's navigation system the phone app also shows the vehicle's fuel level and the odometer reading.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great car, we have the 180 tit x and it's superb. The LED lights are the mutts nuts. Just leave then permanently on auto.

As for park assist, its ok. Had it in a Focus a few years back but to be honest it takes longer to park than when I do it myself and needs a bigger space than if I do it myself.

Can be helpful for some though so fair enough.

Loving these new ST lines, Ford seem to be stepping up a little bit. 

Not jealous at all @vectra :laugh:

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 0:45 AM, PhilAC said:

I've had my Ford Mondeo ST-Line X 2.0 180PS 5dr (in Deep Impact Blue) for just over a month now. Just completed 1000 miles 'running-in' so starting to utilise some of the car's 'potential'!

The running-in period is stated in the owner's manual.   As it suggests I've ignored the fuel consumption readings for the first 1000 miles (as I've got just over 45 MPG).  However, on Friday, after a 100-plus miles trip the MPG had started to creep up (good news) across the three trip computers I'm measuring (from Day 1, from last fill-up and weekly). 

I have rear privacy glass, the upgraded Sony audio and park assist as fitted options.

Despite some trepidation, I have utilised park assist successfully on several occasions both in parallel parking and parking bay situations. 

In terms of navigation you've got three choices.  You can utilise the stock set-up.  However, in addition you can download the Ford Pass app (I'm on Android), sync it with your car's Van details and then get live traffic information via your phone's data connection.  The third option is you can utilise Android Auto and its associated Google Navigation.  You do need to connect your phone to the car via a wired USB connection.  In doing this the user interface on screen will be that of Android Auto (not Sync 3).

The Ford Pass app is one of the compatible apps that work with Sync3.  As well as providing the traffic information for the car's navigation system the phone app also shows the vehicle's fuel level and the odometer reading.

Ill need to give the FordPass app a go, though Ive been unable to set it up as it keeps crashing when Im inputting my address.....

Ive used the parkassist a few times and its never let me down......well, there was one awkwardly shaped space I got into, the car parked, but then decided to spend 5 minutes trying to re park as there was a funny shaped pillar on the rear....

How do you connect the Ford Pass to the car?

I didn't know you had to 'run in' new cars these days? 

I guess that's so the engine has a longer life. If you only keep cars 3-4 years then that's probably not much of a issue.

These modern cars will be a noose around the owners neck after 8-10 years anyways as the electrics have a complete meltdown.

No one at the dealership said anything about 'running in' for my Mondeo or my Edge. Or my Mrs KA for that matter. 

Just as well I haven't given it 'full welly' yet! 

On 8 June 2017 at 7:26 PM, Kylinski said:

No one at the dealership said anything about 'running in' for my Mondeo or my Edge. Or my Mrs KA for that matter. 

Just as well I haven't given it 'full welly' yet! 

It's in the manual, it just says not to overtax it for the first 1000 miles. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Getting excited now.
Less than 3 weeks to go.
Car is due to arrive at the dealers in just over a week,
Not sure if I should go for a sneak preview or keep the excitement for collection day :D
On another debate.
Apple or Android???

:D

Android all the way!

• Like 1

Android

• Like 1

Android even though the latest version is to much like IOS for me

• Like 1

Doesn't matter which way you go, Apple or Android, they will work superbly with the car.

Apple though :-)

• Like 1

Dealer sent me a few pics.

20479994_10209600691278479_6408259132443

20430099_10209600691638488_2508015437946

20376031_10209600691198477_4628745260618

• Like 2

Well.
I stuck with Android.
Bought myself an LG G6. Lovely phone.

More importantly.
THIS IS THE WEEK.!!!!! :D
Collecting the Mondeo eith Thursday or Friday, Exciting times. :D

Looking good Eugene, the ST Line is quite the head turner. 3 more sleeps!! (I've not included tonight)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Looking good Eugene, the ST Line is quite the head turner. 3 more sleeps!! (I've not included tonight)

3 more sleeps??
I will be lucky if I get any sleep LOL

Hahaha. I know what you mean. It's worse than waiting for Christmas when you were little.

• Like 1

Are you on for tomorrow @vectra

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club