Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Head Unit Compatibility with BTVC Module

Wangarai

Using information on this and other Forums I’ve just retrofitted BTVC to my wife’s Focus. I realise there is lots of information out there but I tought I’d share the information on Sony headunit compatibility and BTVC modules as I found this particularly confusing.

The original Sony unit in the car was the 6CD (non-BAB) unit which I replaced with a DAB 6 disc unit when the original one broke. The DAB 6CD was from a Mondeo with the Part No: 8S7T-18C939-MB. I purchased one of the later BTVC modules 8M5T-19C112-AP but wasn’t sure if it would work OK in the Focus. Thanks to Wilco (JW1982) who confirmed it should be OK, I then purchased the mic, audio patch cable and voice control column.

IMG_8536.thumb.JPG.a1beee6ab50a4e28caddb12f85e85c2c.JPG
I fitted it all this morning and the BT call and audio streaming worked immediately. Once I’d updated the firmware on the radio with the 2012 update I could then play music direct from my iPhone 6S.

IMG_8546.thumb.JPG.f4613a0e393947f4697499e387f1acc9.JPG
All in all I’m very pleased and the whole lot cost £117 and keeps the factory look.

The only thing that doesn’t work is the voice control – I suspect that a different wire/loom may be needed – any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club