Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Senseless damage, why?

BR36

Just a vent really as there's nothing anyone can do. 

Sons Fiesta takes all of his part time wages to run and he loves it. Saturday night, someone's decided to run a key the full width of the bonnet in a smile shape, right down to bare metal. He has no spare cash to sort it so I'll have to get it put right for him, what makes people do stuff like that😡

I have thought the sametjing myself. Just envy I guess

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear, I would be fuming too. Have you reported it to the police?

Some people are just born as scum, there is no way they can be changed or rehabilitated. 

7 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Sorry to hear, I would be fuming too. Have you reported it to the police?

Some people are just born as scum, there is no way they can be changed or rehabilitated. 

Agreed.

Police weren't interested, told him to go knocking on doors where it was parked to see if anyone has CCTV cameras pointing in right direction......unbelievable!

Check his insurance policy, some do not treat vandalism as a fault claim, but beware of renewal costs!

Someone did this to my old Corsa when it was parked up whilst I was on a university placement, parked up on a quiet industrial estate, never noticed when i came back to it (at night) and woke up the next morning with my parents shouts to come and look at it. This is partly why I am looking into getting my dash cam to run constantly (or invest in a second system to run at lower resolution constantly).

I had this happen to my mk1 focus, your son must be gutted, the police were never interested in my case even though I had suspicions of who it was.

21 hours ago, BR36 said:

Police weren't interested, told him to go knocking on doors where it was parked to see if anyone has CCTV cameras pointing in right direction......unbelievable!

Tbh I weren't expecting them to be, but it's worth reporting every crime (no matter how small it may seem), purely to ensure that nationally the government is aware of crime and to ensure that statistics don't remain artificially low. Otherwise it's hard to ever justify policing budget increases.

• Like 1

That's why mine goes in the garage.

2 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

All well and good if you have one.

• Like 2

In nearly 4 decades of home ownership I've downright refused to live anywhere where my car would be left on the street.  Many of my neighbours fill their garages with worthless junk while their valuable cars - including an Aston Martin - sit at the kerbside.

Some years ago, during my BMW phase, when visiting a client in Christchurch, some toe rag thought my 735 would be vastly improved with big smiley face, keyed on the bonnet:angry:  Aviva treated it as a non-fault claim.

24 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

In nearly 4 decades of home ownership I've downright refused to live anywhere where my car would be left on the street.  Many of my neighbours fill their garages with worthless junk while their valuable cars - including an Aston Martin - sit at the kerbside.

Whilst mine aren't in the garage, which is full of as you say of both worthless junk, freezers and my woodworking tools: they are however parked at the top of the drive behind locked gates and obscured from the road view. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Whilst visiting friends? 😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club