Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 PETROL BRAKE HOSE RECALL

EzzyRallyBoy

HAVE YOU HAD A LETTER ??  

22 members have voted

1. 1. RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM FORD ABOUT MOD ?

• Yes
    • No

Ok about 6 to 8 weeks ago there was a thread about a recall called 9S274 FIESTA 2008.75 – 1.6 PETROL – BRAKE BOOSTER VACUUM HOSE RECALL

Forgive me if this is not the correct code but either way how many people have received notification from Ford that their 1.6 Petrol vehicle needs / or needed to go in for this modification

Also, can someone tell me how long they need the car to do this please, an hour, all day etc ?

I have not been informed, but it was on the 'to do list' when I went for my 12 month service on the 14th Dec. While paying I was told to ignore any letters that might come through about it-still to receive one though!

I can't really give an accurate fix time, as well as the service, I also had my radio firmware updated. but as an idea I got to the dealer at about 10:30, and was on my way about 16:30. I haven't noticed any difference since then btw.

I have not been informed, but it was on the 'to do list' when I went for my 12 month service on the 14th Dec. While paying I was told to ignore any letters that might come through about it-still to receive one though!

I can't really give an accurate fix time, as well as the service, I also had my radio firmware updated. but as an idea I got to the dealer at about 10:30, and was on my way about 16:30. I haven't noticed any difference since then btw.

Same experience for me, the notification on Ford Etis disappeared after the service.

if its only to remove and fit a vacuum hose then it should only be around 1/2 hour surely, cant see it being too major.

I've not heard anything from Ford either. It mustn't be that urgent then...?

Not heard a thing but the car was in just before Christmas for a couple of bits and it's check up so it may have been done then? I forget to ask actually. If I get a letter I shall worry about it.

Im not convinced that my dealer even thoroughly serviced my car, never mind carry out the recall. It has disappeared from Etis but what proof do we have that it has actually been carried out?

Im not convinced that my dealer even thoroughly serviced my car, never mind carry out the recall. It has disappeared from Etis but what proof do we have that it has actually been carried out?

"Im not convinced that my dealer even thoroughly serviced my car"

why?

I've just booked mine in at the local Ford dealer. It's just a check to look at the brake hose, and make sure it's not chafing or rubbing on something or other. Nothing major, most will be checked at first service.

Just a visual check that part of the wiring loom was not wrapped around brake hose. Took a few seconds - but a 30 mile round trip to dealer!

"Im not convinced that my dealer even thoroughly serviced my car"

why?

They are a shabby outfit and never seem to know what they are talking about. I have lost all faith in them after previous experiences when my car has been of the road for days yet no work has been carried out. Needless to say I wont be back.

• 4 weeks later...

This is weird...

Just checked the etis site and the recall has disappeared...

The recall happened after my last service so it couldn't have been actioned then. Car went in for some work on the distance sensors and squeaky rear seat bracket-racket, but that was before christmas and the recall was still there right up untill about a week ago...

Anybody else noticed this?

Maybe they fixed it last time it went in but never mentioned it, then left it a month until they updated the system, but seems a bit odd to me. 4,000 till next service so may query it then

Nope. But Ford Australia have been known for being lazy and their customer service stinks. Wouldn't surprise me if it was on their 'to do' list. Looking at Ford Etis has shown no recall, or anything like that though?