Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare key for focus

hubballi

We only have one key for a 1999 focus 1.6

we went to the key cutter and they can't do it. They say we have to go to Ford. It is a remote key but the remote doesn't work anymore, even with a new battery in the key.

Does anyone know another option other than ford ? If we lost it would Ford be able to get us another one from the reg details ?

we went to the key cutter and they can't do it. They say we have to go to Ford. It is a remote key but the remote doesn't work anymore, even with a new battery in the key.

Does anyone know another option other than ford ? If we lost it would Ford be able to get us another one from the reg details ?

hi,

im in the same situation with only the one key. there are key cutters out there who can do ford keys, there is one just up the road from me who does it so its not just a ford thing.

ford however can supply and cut the key blank for under a tenner IIRC as i went in and asked one day, but to have the key reprogrammed is about £120 or there abouts.

Did you try reprogramming the car in case the synch has gone between the car and remote?

Process....

Insert key to ignition and turn to position 2 and off 4 times in 6 seconds. You will hear a chime.

Remove the key and press any button on the remote. You'll hear another chime.

Reinsert key and turn to position 2 and off again.

Wait a few seconds then try see if it works.

If its not that no Ford cant get you another key from the reg. They will get you an complete new set of keys and reprogramme the car on the computer and make your wallet £120 lighter for the privilege.

Did you try reprogramming the car in case the synch has gone between the car and remote?

Process....

Insert key to ignition and turn to position 2 and off 4 times in 6 seconds. You will hear a chime.

Remove the key and press any button on the remote. You'll hear another chime.

Reinsert key and turn to position 2 and off again.

Wait a few seconds then try see if it works.

If its not that no Ford cant get you another key from the reg. They will get you an complete new set of keys and reprogramme the car on the computer and make your wallet £120 lighter for the privilege.

I was told by the key cutter that is more like £600 to reprogram the car.

I was told by the key cutter that is more like £600 to reprogram the car.

He told you wrong. All they have to do is plug the computer into the OBD port and upload the new key chip codes and cut 3 spanking new keys for you.

There are some places you can get the key you have cloned so the car thinks the both are the same key. You could just buy a new remote part for about £50 and put the chip from your old keyfob into the new one. That is if you need a new one. I think reprogramming central locking yourself will do the trick. Remotes arent supposed to need reprogramming after changing a battery but its not unheard of. My brothers needs doing from time to time.

He told you wrong. All they have to do is plug the computer into the OBD port and upload the new key chip codes and cut 3 spanking new keys for you.

There are some places you can get the key you have cloned so the car thinks the both are the same key. You could just buy a new remote part for about £50 and put the chip from your old keyfob into the new one. That is if you need a new one. I think reprogramming central locking yourself will do the trick. Remotes arent supposed to need reprogramming after changing a battery but its not unheard of. My brothers needs doing from time to time.

thats kinda what ive got planned. i got 2 brand new keys from a mate of mine so i just need to get them cut and programmed but ive got bigger issues to worry about at the moment than a spare key im afraid.

i do need to change the battery in my current key though, presumably i will possibly just need to programme the central locking again? wont be any other issues?

thats kinda what ive got planned. i got 2 brand new keys from a mate of mine so i just need to get them cut and programmed but ive got bigger issues to worry about at the moment than a spare key im afraid.

i do need to change the battery in my current key though, presumably i will possibly just need to programme the central locking again? wont be any other issues?

There shouldnt be no. If you're lucky and the keyfobs not totally flat already you might get away without reprogramming it. I change the battery in mine religiously every 12 months. Would cause me some right hassle if mine when and I was out. My front doors are delocked and it would be a pain in the a$$ climbing over the sub-box in the boot to get inside.

There shouldnt be no. If you're lucky and the keyfobs not totally flat already you might get away without reprogramming it. I change the battery in mine religiously every 12 months. Would cause me some right hassle if mine when and I was out. My front doors are delocked and it would be a pain in the a$$ climbing over the sub-box in the boot to get inside.

haha yes i know the feeling mate, my old car both the front locks were f#cked and one day i had disconnected the battery with the doors locked and i shut the bonnet... oops ended up crawling over my sub and getting in that way. not really fun is it lol

haha yes i know the feeling mate, my old car both the front locks were f#cked and one day i had disconnected the battery with the doors locked and i shut the bonnet... oops ended up crawling over my sub and getting in that way. not really fun is it lol

no bue key i a big pain getting the original cloned is the best bet

We clone ford keys for about £50, if you want a remote with it , it will be about £100.

Any good locksmith shop should be about the same. If you want keys to be programed in so as you can add your own keys at a later date, it will cost a little more. about 40% cheaper than the dealer and no need to book the car in.

We clone ford keys for about £50, if you want a remote with it , it will be about £100.

Any good locksmith shop should be about the same. If you want keys to be programed in so as you can add your own keys at a later date, it will cost a little more. about 40% cheaper than the dealer and no need to book the car in.

thats not too bad. not that your near me but do how much would it cost if the remote key was supplied?

thats not too bad. not that your near me but do how much would it cost if the remote key was supplied?

stef123 alex ritchie in cowdenbeath codes keys there and then http://www.icsystems.co.uk/

he did my passat flip key for me

stef123 alex ritchie in cowdenbeath codes keys there and then http://www.icsystems.co.uk/

he did my passat flip key for me

nice one mate, i will keep that in mind. how much did your key cost?

nice one mate, i will keep that in mind. how much did your key cost?

in total key and cut plus he codes it to the car was 80 quid thats cos i got a fancy flip key give the guy a phone hes usually about 40 quid

in total key and cut plus he codes it to the car was 80 quid thats cos i got a fancy flip key give the guy a phone hes usually about 40 quid

thats awesome mate, i will give them a phone at some point next week.

cheers

stef

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club