Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 1.6tdci

Mjasa91

Morning. hope this is right place to post it.

i have 2007 mk2 ford focus 1.6 tdci. and it have los of power. gives these codes on obd 2 reader

P0033 is the code for Turbocharger or Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit

P0407 EGR Sensor B Circuit Low

P022B Charge Air Cooler Bypass Control A Circuit Low

turbo have been replaced as it was leaking oil and have shaft movement. vacuum solenoid by egr have been replaced as well all pipes checked. so cant get my head around whats wrong with the car. it drives but have no power. and showing on dash engine system fault or something along thous lines  

Have you looked in to the Intercooler bypass valve? check the contacts first, clean the up, clear the DTCs and see if it gets better, failing that check its movement and see if appears to open and close freely (if that's possible?)  perhaps if it was leaking oil its got a it bunged up, if its dumping hot air straight in to the inlet manifold then you will lose power.

where is intercoler bypass valve..... never knew there is one.

cant clean codes they are on and staying on. turbo is new all pipes clened and checked over. vaste gate on turbo is working as it should

from the turbo you will  see a section of plastic running parallel to the injectors, its a little further along that plastic pipe that you see the rubber  bend which joins the metal intercooler pipe, at that join before the rubber bend you will see it also connects to a plastic housing that has the silicone pipe from the intercooler joining in from the underside.

that is the bypass valve, basically when its cold it dumps the air straight in to the engine without going passed the IC, when it warm it routes the air via the IC instead to cool it down, I'm guessing it only bypasses it  when starting the car, once the engine heats up it will be getting pretty toasty from the pressure and the turbo

16tdci_0.jpg

• Like 1

im not beeing funny or anything but i dont have it... everything else looks same exepct for that. does all dv6 engines have to have one?

ford.jpg

i'm pretty sure my previous 2007 fiesta 1.6tdci with dv6 engine did not have the intercooler bypass on it (it did have an intercooler)

interesting, is yours the 90ps version? that picture I posted was from  a 109ps, my car looks slightly different as well and is the 109 version, it has the bypass.

So the question is, why is your car looking for a  bypass valve when it doesn't have one.

When they replaced the turbo did they modify the ECU at all?

How long ago did you have it done if not long would not taking it back to garage say your not happy with it see what they say.

could be something they have or not done

not slating the garage or anything but if not long been done worth a try

i did the job myself. work in garage every day not with ford and im not good with electrics. wierd part i know sombody had a go on fuse board it was not proplely secured under glove box. and it dont have one relay but cant find any relay info . its small one above f50 fuse. so not sure wtf is going one. had car not for long all was fine and power went. im thinking might be some budge job and sold to me as good. turbo was lekaing oil and small play in shaft so need to replace it anyways in near future.. im not sure where to look anymore or what to check, unleas they have put parts from difrent ford on what shoudnot be there 

On 27/05/2017 at 8:44 AM, Mjasa91 said:

it have los of power. gives these codes on obd 2 reader

P0033 is the code for Turbocharger or Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit

P0407 EGR Sensor B Circuit Low

P022B Charge Air Cooler Bypass Control A Circuit Low

There looks something rather odd going on where the bypass valve should be (if fitted), with 3 unused connectors. I can not see what is under that bracket.

You could try simply disconnecting the EGR valve. I think the charge air bypass valve is also used, in conjunction with the EGR valve, to get the right EGR flow, and/or in conjunction with DPF regens to raise the exhaust temperature. In some cases disconnecting the EGR makes the car run better (full power), even though the EML stays on with EGR error codes.

This may prevent DPF regens, if so it is not good to leave it disconnected permanently. Unless perhaps the DPF has been removed, or programmed out, and these codes are a by-product of that.

I doubt if relays in the passenger fuse box are connected to this problem. EGR, Turbo & Bypass & Throttle valves are wired direct to the ECU.

The wiring colour codes to some likely connectors are in the drawing below. That might help identify them.

1-6-bypass.PNG

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@Mjasa91 -  I too have these fault codes after replacing the turbo. Did you ever get to the bottom of your fault codes problem and if so could you post the fix please? I'd be particularly interested to know if your car had parts from another car fitted that it shouldn't have had as you suspected, etc.

• 1 year later...

Late reply but looks like the Wrong turbo fitted. You need the Mitsubishi turbo on this car.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:29 PM, Reneg4deMaster said:

Late reply but looks like the Wrong turbo fitted. You need the Mitsubishi turbo on this car.

Since when?  The factory fit turbo is made by Garrett.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two types of turbo were fitted to this car, a wastegate and a VNT type. The vnt turbo type has the intercooler bypass system this car don't have it.

check the boost pressure solenoid behind the engine.a ***** vacuum solenoid is prone to fail on all focuses mk2.have 2 focus 1.6 tdci and both lacked power.follow the turbo vacuum line to the back of the engine(***** position as you will not see it but you need to feel it),10 mm nuts holding it(x2).remove as it is with the vacuum lines attached to it,mark the lines and replace solenoid without lines on as it will be a pain in the ***.since you have them marked you will know which go where and you will do it by feel.No need to reset the ecu unless you want t he erros stored to be out 

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club