Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Black Edition Few Questions

DangerMouseUK

Hi Guys,

Just got a 2016 Black Edition Fiesta, few quick questions if thats ok;

1) The drivers seat has a bit of wobble to the back of it, so if you accelerate the back goes back a few mm and if you brake the reverse - do drivers seats normally wobble slightly like that?

2) The drivers seat when you're getting out it feels like there's a bit of cardboard inside the side bolster - is that normal?

3) The steering when you have it turned to the right of left whilst you're stationary you get some weird feedback through the wheel - is that normal?

4) I've got an EcoBoost badge on the back left of the car - but on some I've seen a specific Black Edition badge - did they only introduce that after the start of 2016 cars or something?

5) Got some scratches on the glovebox - any quick and easy way to get them out?

6) Is the manual air-con in these cars quite powerful? The day I got the car it was 28c and even on full with re-circ on it wasn't cooling the car as much as I though it would.

7) Posted it in another thread but is there any SYNC software later than V5.9 which my car has?

Thats about it - great car, love the 140ps engine right hoot !

Thanks

DM

The aircon is pretty crap in Fiestas. That's sort of what you get with such a fuel efficient car. 

There may be further sync upgrades, but they don't bring much new, and isn't worth upgrading from what you have. Sync 1 doesn't offer much other than call, text readout and music playing.

• Like 1

Gotcha thanks for that.

Does anyone have any ideas why mine has an EcoBoost badge and not a BlackEdition badge like I saw another 66 plate car had ?

All black editions come with an ecoboost badge I think. That guy must've just bought a black edition badge that somebody has made and stuck it on in it's place

• Like 2

Like as above, I've got a red edition and mine has the 'Ecoboost' badge on the left side too.

1 & 2: Nothing similar with my chairs.

3: I sometimes have that when I go full lock after I reversed off my drive to turn onto the road. Like a clunking sound is the only way I can describe it. Is this what you mean?

• Like 1

Ok will go back to dealers for point 1) - I think the thing I feel inside the side bolster is normal even if it feels like bendy cardboard

Its literally when I am sat not moving with the wheel turned off centre I get weird feedback through the steering wheel not sure how to explain it - its not whilst even moving no just whilst stationary get some vibrations of sorts when the wheel is turned

The badges are aftermarket I think, from DMB Graphics.

• Like 1

Ah ok cool will give them a look and thanks

• Like 1

About your steering, have you checked it is topped up? Could it be the wheels are catching on the arches somewhere. Has any of the dirt on the rack or under any rubber boots? Most is a bit obvious, but it's somewhere to start.

Hey m8

Yeah was out in it now and the feedback through the steering wheel it doesn't do it when the wheel is in the centre, but if you turn the wheel to the right or left you get weird feedback through the steering wheel - but its strange as you're not moving the wheel and the car isn't moving either so I can't understand where its coming from.

Its not from the wheel on full lock either - its like mild vibrations but again the wheels and the steering wheel aren't moving its just after you've turned the wheel right or left whilst the car is parked.

Does the car have like variable power assisted steering or something and thats the feedback from the motor adjusting ? Dunno.

If you feel like it's a problem then take it to Ford, they should cover this sort of stuff under warranty as the car's only a yesr old.

Hey bro I mean if they all do it then I don't really want to bother - as far as I can tell nothing is wrong with the steering - but if its a sign of imminent problems then yeah I wouldn't mind getting it checked out.

Thanks

Two other quick questions;

1) Anyone with bright coloured roofs notice they attract chip marks quite easily - is there an easy way to touch up a roof or should I leave it if they're tiny.

2) Went for a bit of a drive today - is the steering electrically assisted in the mk7.5 fiesta ? after the blast when I got back into town it felt a lot heavier than before the drive bit weird any ideas about that ?

Sons got a black edition zetec s, haven't noticed any chips on the roof and I think the steering is electrically assisted.

Hey Russ

Yeah noticed that the red roof had some really really small stone chip marks at the front and back only noticed because I was cleaning bird poo off the roof and notice the one at the front - had a look round and saw one at the back

Yeah had a feeling it was - does it have a mind of its own when changing strength ? there's no settings or is it linked to speed ?

Yes, I think that you will find that the steering is governed by the speed.

Two quick questions;

1) Didn't get any floor mats with car - does the black edition get special Fiesta floor mats or just normal ones ?

2) Is the Sony sat-nav head unit better for sound quality than the sat nav head unit I have - I had an older 12 plate titanium with just the normal Sony unit and this Ford nav unit sounds better IMO ? - is it just a straight swap of the head unit part ?

Hi. Take nothing as 'Gospel' here but here's my findings/feedback:

Think steering 'wobbly' when stationary/parking on full to full lock is just a 'characteristic' of it working 'in-extremis'. Did it on my previous ZS125. (Not too good an idea to turn it when stationary if can be avoided anyhow)

No badge on left rear on my '64 Red Edition. Threre was an 'ecoboost' badge on previous ZS125

Aircon adequate but nothing really to spare on a hot day. Lucky we live in such a grey, cold, wet country I guess!

Black roof chips easily. Black is softest paint pigment, red least durable by far. Looks like we're both stuffed long term!

No floor mats included. Standard 'Fiesta' mats supplied by dealership FOC.

Quite a few mostly temperature related rattles. Otherwise....a great car!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club