Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few niggles

problemchild

nothing ;) ahem 

i do highly recommend the wind deflector though (sticker was my won addition) they do clear too (or pink)

its just a stop gap while my smart forfour is in the garage after someone rear ended

it will be for sale again in a month i think

JJ

Ah okay.  Yes ours has a wide deflector on already and the mechanic commented at the garage what a difference they make.  Look quite cool too.  I am just gradually trying to make my wife's as good as it can be as I would like her to get a few years out of it at least and it's garaged everynight and will probably only do about 3 to 4k per year.  I have also just bought a hard top for the winter so should be a little warmer too.

Good luck with the Brabus that sounds like a fun little car 😎

do you have leather interior?

JJ

Yes a red leather interior.  Its a streetka red edition, black car with red leather.  Do you have leather in yours?

see my post about swapping to leather - bought a cream leather interior for £50

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

while bleeding the clutch, i decided to see if the spare K&N cone filter i had laying around fitted...

9AD21DC5-02E9-4777-AAC5-E669095B7577.jpg

F1028B58-C453-4E09-A3C6-7D7312ED8FB5.jpg

actually worked well (although not perfect)

JJ

• Like 1

with a slightly slipping clutch it'll be up for sale in a few weeks for £450 - think thats a good deal :)

JJ

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, problemchild said:

with a slightly slipping clutch it'll be up for sale in a few weeks for £450 - think thats a good deal :)

JJ

Sounds like a good deal for somebody.  What would a clutch fitted cost for you to keep it?

i won't be keeping it anyway as i don't have the space and hopefully i'll have the BRABUS back soon

i can get a clutch kit for £60 including slave cylinder 

might do it anyway but there is just no money in the car

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

That's a shame as these are great little cars and so fun to drive.  Hope you get the Brabus sorted and manage to sell this on okay.  I would fix the clutch for the sake of £60 as you will get that back and more in the sale surely.

I had the replace the thermostat housing on my wifes this week as it was losing coolant and getting hot quickly.  The previous owner must have tried to seal the knackered gasket seal with silicon 😕.  Not good.   I replaced the entire unit which was very easy and it's now spot on and drives so much better.  Wondered what the slight smell was for a few weeks.  It's was hot coolant I could smell lol.  

Just fitted a K&N replacement panel filter too.  Only made £19.50 difference to insurance so not bad really.

• 2 weeks later...

the thing with the clutch is it seems to be a common issue of some contamination of the plate by faulty slave cylinder

getting to it isn't v easy though as its in the bell housing with the clutch (awful invention ford)

and seeing as my BRAB should be back by the weekend the little blue beast will be up for sale 

JJ

sold today - bye bye KA

i may look for another next summer

its great having the BRABUS back though - so fast

JJ

Glad to hear the Brab is back, but sorry to see you leave the Ka world - I had hoped you'd have gotten attached to it enough to keep it....

See you on the "other" side!

cheers mate - the BRAB is soooo fast i'd forgotten :)

A8A92242-72D6-4492-A576-75564B3BE4A4.jpg

JJ

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club