Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Range? Sport 210 Auto 2017

stevekdavis

I've put about 1500 miles on my 2017 Edge Sport Auto 210 now and I've noticed the fuel range indicator is wildly out when it gets low.

I'm getting around 420 miles to a tank with the range indicator showing 30 miles left. I then fill up and assuming I'm right and that it has a 69 litre tank (?), I have about 10 litres in the tank at the time of the refuel. I'm getting around 35mpg (calculated) so thats around 7.7m/l or 77 miles left. 

I was hoping after a few fillups the range would calibrate but alas no.

Is anyone else finding this? i'm never quite brave enough to let the range get to zero 'just in case' but it's done this 3 times now.

The last 5L in a tank is not "counted".

i.e. the computer and fuel gauge will read zero at about 5L remaining. This is your reserve.

TL;DR: The advertised tank capacity includes the reserve, but the computer doesn't.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The last 5L in a tank is not "counted".

i.e. the computer and fuel gauge will read zero at about 5L remaining. This is your reserve.

TL;DR: The advertised tank capacity includes the reserve, but the computer doesn't.

So that accounts for 1/2 of what's left. There still over a gallon unaccounted for though.

If computer reads 30 miles left then there is (at 7.7 miles/L) 3.9L plus the reserve of 5L, so that's 8.9L, only 1.1L short of what you expected.

That 1.1L can easily be accounted for in margin of error on the trip computer, a bit in the pipes, etc.

fair point.

What range are others getting?

I filled mine 30 miles ago and it shows a range of 432 miles. My average mpg is only 37.5 since filling, but most of my mileage is local stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Due to unforseen circumstances ran mine very low the other night , computer said i had 4 miles remaining when i arrived at the pump. Filled it and it took 59.9 litres !

Computer shows a range on a full tank of around 435 when I fill up, averaging around 35mpg on mostly local roads, a good long motorway run down south the other week resulted in the full tank range showing 520

• 1 month later...

I'm averaging 38-40 mpg on local roads and in and out of town and anything up to 45 mpg on a longer run. Got about 8k on the clock with the 210 powershift.

I'm about the same Tony. Down to 35 if I'm piddlimg about town 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club