Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trip Computer Problems...

byronwells

Hi guys

I have got a Ford Fiesta Zetec 2011 which has got low mileage on it.  However for some reason the past few days the trip computer in regards to recording how many miles left in the petrol tank is wrong.  It started a couple of days ago where it would use to beep and tell me that I needed to get petrol at 30 miles left in the tank, now it is doing it at 40 miles left.  I have just filled up the tank and now it says that I have got 336 miles, even though before when I fill up i was a 220 tank and I certainly have not changed the tank...

What's going on and how to fix it please??

All my Festas have had the low fuel warning at 50mph. When you fill the tank the computer estimates what mileage you will do at possibly he way you have driven previously.

You may well find that the estimated mileage will suddenly drop.

• Like 1

Oh so actually there's not a fault with a sensor, etc..  That's good to know

I didn't say that.

Yeah the tank range will give higher estimates when you drive in a good manner. 

It uses the average mpg option on the trip computer which I've turned into a one man game on long trips. I want to see how high I can get it 😊