Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR delete on a 2.0 Duratec HE

Steve Adby

Hi all. New member. I've just fitted a blanking plate to the EGR on my 2.0 petrol 2004 Zetec. Runs perfect now with no flat spots or hesitations but the engine management light came on after a 2 hr drive and when the code was read using Forscan it showed EGR flow as the issue. Is there any way around this or will it just keep repeating itself?  Many thanks in advance. 

Some engines will report a fault if the blanking plate is solid.

There are ones on sale with a small hole to eliminate this problem.

You could try drilling a hole in yours to see if it helps

• Like 1

A hole does nothing, it's snake oil. If you have EGR problems you are not using the car enough, maybe you should have gone petrol, the diesel's need to be used  I don't mean thrashed but you do need to do the miles. IMHO

• Like 1

A hole does nothing, it's snake oil. If you have EGR problems you are not using the car enough, maybe you should have gone petrol, the diesel's need to be used  I don't mean thrashed but you do need to do the miles. IMHO

he has got a petrol one accordinb to his first post
  • Like 2

Thanks for the responses. I'll get a spare blanking plate and make a small hole in that. The car is a petrol engine by the way. 

A hole defeats the object of the exercise if you are blanking it needs to be a full plate that's petrol or diesel

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club