Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 TDCI running costs?

Ryan1985

Hi guys hope your all Good?

I have a mk2 focus 1.8 TDCI and I would like to know what miles you are getting from your tank?

I think when I full up full and the fuel gauge gets to the first quarter mark I have covered about 110-120 miles?

Does this sound right to what you guys are getting?

I've had mine remapped and if I'm not heavy footed I can get about 600 miles to a full tank according to the trip computer think I was getting about 529 before remap.

Hi, yes I have to admit according to my trip computer I should get around 400 to 500 miles out of a tank but I was after real life figures such as how many miles from your trip meter to the amount t of fuel left on the gauge.

I think my focus is not doing so good on mpg??

Mines the same bout 100-120 miles from full to 3 quarters tank ,mixed driving n it's been remapped 

Mine is std and not remapped I have to admit.

I have downloaded an app to calculate MPG.

So about 350 to 400 miles till full up is about right?

the only real way to do it is to fill the tank . note the mileage.  use up most of the tank. Fill the tank back up. look at the pump to see how many litres went in to refill it. note the mileage, deduct the previous noted mileage and work out your mpg (there are 4.54 lites in a gallon). nothing else will be as accurate .    (I appreciate this might not be 100% as the pump might cut out at a slightly different level when refilling and it assumes your odometer is accurate but there is no better way)

mixed driving i get around 140-150 out of mine although it is Mapped so not standard.

if i get a little excited with the throttle every now n again it can go as low as 100 to qtr tank lol depends how your driving and what roads.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, Ryan1985 said:

Hi guys hope your all Good?

I have a mk2 focus 1.8 TDCI and I would like to know what miles you are getting from your tank?

I think when I full up full and the fuel gauge gets to the first quarter mark I have covered about 110-120 miles?

Does this sound right to what you guys are getting?

The types of journeys you are making can make a huge difference e.g. lots of short journeys will cause your MPG to nosedive however mainly longer journeys without lot sof stop start traffic such as 70 MPH on the motorway for a couple of hours a day should see you at 50+ MPG.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club