Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Power Steering Pipes MK2

cbirchy87

Hi all,

I've had a leak in my power steering for sometime. Finally got the part from eBay and took my car to the garage. The part i got was

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152009306446?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am aware that this is the new modified part that means the oil cooler can be removed. However when i took it the garage they said its the wrong part as its not like for like. I explained the part has been modified but thats all the information I have. Does anyone have any information on fitting this part? 

My mechanic told me it's a beehatch to fit. But the modified one should be correct.

Is the leak deffo the pipe and not the reservoir?

yeah i've been doing it a pain. appears to be coming from the pipe work. awaiting for the garage to work it out. little unimpressed 

piece of cake, whats your mechanic trying to work out. 1 hr max to cut old pipe off and fit new .

He said the high pressure side looks correct but the low doesn't seem correct. 

• 1 year later...
piece of cake, whats your mechanic trying to work out. 1 hr max to cut old pipe off and fit new .

Depends if you have a suitable tool to get into a tiny space and cut a metal pipe, most won’t have anything suitable and you won’t do it by hand! I had a flexible dremel extension which was perfect, and you need to cut the bracket as well as the pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club