Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo upgrade?

conorcook

Hi guys, I'm new here! :) 

recently bought a 2014 fiesta! not a big fan of the stereo (pictured)
can anyone advise on which aftermarket stereo is best and will work with the steering controls? 
I've already found a fitting kit (pictured) just wondering about the actual stereo itself! 
Cheers! 

IMG_2275.JPG

fitting kit.jpg

Aftermarket ones look extremely messy IMHO.

You'll probably find upgrading the screen and unit to Sony and the modern screen might make it better? Otherwise, I know that Pioneer radios fit in the double din fitting. 

• Like 2

thanks! do you now if they would work with the steering wheel controls?
cheers! 

I agree with @lwatson99. You're better off get the Sony unit if you want a different look. Double din units look awful in it imo. The Sony Sat Nav unit (or any factory fitted unit is straight bolt in and the controls work the same

thanks for the reply :D any particular ones you can recommend?

cheers

There's only the one like. I've attached a picture, but a quick eBay will find you one for about £100 plus a little bit extra for the screen. From what I remember the double din kit itself is around £80, so you're saving quite a bit by getting a factory unit

Ford-Fiesta-ST-2-console.jpg

cool thanks for that! do you know if spotify works on that unit? 

9 hours ago, conorcook said:

cool thanks for that! do you know if spotify works on that unit? 

If you have the right SYNC module then yes it will work (show  Track names, and you will be able to browse the Spotify albums – playlists on the screen), if you have an old SYNC module, you can upgrade this, I've got a post going on at the moment which is tracking this, which you may find useful 

thanks for the help guys!

just trying to find one to buy... found one on eBay but the seller states "Please note the security code is not included and this will need to be obtained from a local dealer after purchase"  how complicated is it to get the security code? and is it expensive? :ohmy: thanks again! 

Ford got rid of stereo codes in the mk7. It will just be plug and play (unless you have to activate DAB or sat nav. You don't need to reactivate it if you already have it fitted, or you get a unit without thrm)

cool thanks! not having much luck finding one :wacko: hopefully soon! 

What are you looking on? Or what are you searching. There's always a fair few on eBay, usually going for about £160 with a screen last time I checked.

I'm looking on eBay just searched like - fiesta sony stereo- I've found one but like i said the seller seems to think it needs a code, but I'm just going to buy it anyway! 
cheers! 

Yeah these sellers tend to be people who part out a lot of cars. They're just covering their backsides by putting it as a disclaimer on all stereos they sell. As the majority of cars do need a code, a breakers isn't going to go and find out which ones do and which ones don't need a code. If you get one with satnav you will need an sd card for the sat nav to work, but they're a little more expensive.

Good luck anyway. 

Yeah that makes total sense, I did buy one and it has arrived so its just a case of fitting it now :D 

HELP? 

got the Sony unit but I don't think it's going to work with my car? Old and new stereo in pics 

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

leave your original stereo in and just change the fascia and the screen it will still work.

yeah but its not working, thats all that comes up on the screen, the other CD player has one extra connector port and doesn't have the same connectors as the old one, I thought it was a case of old one out new one in? :( 

3 minutes ago, conorcook said:

yeah but its not working, thats all that comes up on the screen, the other CD player has one extra connector port and doesn't have the same connectors as the old one, I thought it was a case of old one out new one in? :( 

I thought their was 2 types of stereo one with nav which I think you bought and the normal one which looks like this

s-l1600.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I thought their was 2 types of stereo one with nav which I think you bought and the normal one which looks like this

s-l1600.jpg

this one doesn't have sat nav I'm sure of that 

I mean the new one doesn't have sat nav 

2 hours ago, conorcook said:

IMG_5759.JPG

Ive never seen the second one in from the left. Have you tried plugging the big connector into the new unit and leaving the other empty?

Also what are the serial numbers for the two units. I'd imagine your unit says AM5T?

It should work without the second connector. You will have 1 aerial not being used (for DAB) and the smaller socket. The plug from your old unit should go into the other unit and work the same as before. I just had a look on the wiring diagram for the Focus (same stereo) and from what I could see it is just for reversing cameras or sensors, could be wrong though.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help! I'll try it tonight and see how it goes! 

Cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club