Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo upgrade?

conorcook

Mrs is about to buy one of these fiesta's. How did you get on with this?

Also where did you get the din kit from?

• 1 year later...

Hello! 

Many news if the Sony radio worked ?

Im consedering buying the same for my Fiesta! 

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2017 at 11:00 PM, Luke4efc said:

There's only the one like. I've attached a picture, but a quick ebay will find you one for about £100 plus a little bit extra for the screen. From what I remember the double din kit itself is around £80, so you're saving quite a bit by getting a factory unit

Ford-Fiesta-ST-2-console.jpg

Hi, I have this in my car, it is a titanium 1l eco boost 65 plate was wondering if you can upgrade and get either sat nav or install one of this apple car play kits  would like to keep It Sony though 

30 minutes ago, Sh1pl3y said:

Hi, I have this in my car, it is a titanium 1l eco boost 65 plate was wondering if you can upgrade and get either sat nav or install one of this apple car play kits  would like to keep It Sony though 

Cant get apple play on the factory units, but satnav is relatively straight forward.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I just bought a 2009 Fiesta Zetec S, so it’s the MK7. I was wondering if anybody knew if the Sony stereo with the new screen (the blue one) was compatible with it? Thanks 

19 hours ago, DanSpoon said:

Hi, I just bought a 2009 Fiesta Zetec S, so it’s the MK7. I was wondering if anybody knew if the Sony stereo with the new screen (the blue one) was compatible with it? Thanks 

I have a 2011 Zetec S and just swapped over the stereo fasica to the Sony one, i think it looks better with the orange screen that matches the orange guage cluster screen, have attached pics

Chris

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

Hi thanks for your reply, so does the new screen work with the old car then? Thanks 

6 hours ago, DanSpoon said:

Hi thanks for your reply, so does the new screen work with the old car then? Thanks 

If you find a Sony unit from a pre-facelift then it should just be plug and play. The facelift ones, despite looking the same, are completely different inside.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, MusicalChris said:

I have a 2011 Zetec S and just swapped over the stereo fasica to the Sony one, i think it looks better with the orange screen that matches the orange guage cluster screen, have attached pics

Chris

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

Hi - so does the Sony radio give you bluetooth streaming as well? Thanks 

20 hours ago, DanSpoon said:

Hi - so does the Sony radio give you Bluetooth streaming as well? Thanks 

Hi, my stereo already had bluetooth streaming and phone, changing the fascia just changes the look, does not add any functionality

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 9:27 PM, DanSpoon said:

Hi - so does the Sony radio give you Bluetooth streaming as well? Thanks 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, Sh1pl3y said:

Hi, anyone know if you can fit this in a 2009 mk7 Zetec s? Thanks 

• 2 months later...

I have a Ford Fiesta style plus (mk7) 2009 .. will the Sony fit and work in this model

• 1 month later...

Hi all I have MK7 with the sony basic black stereo, is it possible to purchase the new sony stereo with satnav? Would it be a straight swap, and the controls work?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do the same thing replace a 2009 stereo with a 2016 stereo with sat nav, but can that actually be done by just swapping them over 

I'm trying to do the same thing replace a 2009 stereo with a 2016 stereo with sat nav, but can that actually be done by just swapping them over 

Can’t be done by just swapping them over, you need to replace your bluetooth module and replace it with the newer sync module, (I am not sure if that’s a straight swap) then you will have to buy the head unit, screen and facia along with gps sensor, wiring and sd card with the maps. I have a preface lift too and just opted for the Sony unit with DAB radio, the Ford nav is a bit poor in my opinion anyway.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2013 Fiesta style with the basic stereo. No phone capability. Can i fit a standard stereo from a better specification car which has the blue tooth phone function? Is the microphone built into the front of the stereo or do i have to purchase additional items as well as the unit? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all i bought a sony unit with the blue screen and the gray box. i fitted it all but the only things that would work is the radio, the aux or phone buttons wouldnt work. anyone have any ideas why?

• 5 weeks later...

d

On 6/17/2017 at 5:56 PM, conorcook said:

Thanks for your help! I'll try it tonight and see how it goes! 

Cheers 

Did you manage to sort this out?

3 hours ago, Thenuk said:

d

Did you manage to sort this out?

Probably best to start your own topic with which bits you're stuck on.

• 6 months later...

does anyone have any advice to upgrade from the Sony unit. i drive a 2017 Fiesta ecoboost titanium and am looking to upgrade my system.

On 6/7/2017 at 12:00 AM, Luke4efc said:

There's only the one like. I've attached a picture, but a quick ebay will find you one for about £100 plus a little bit extra for the screen. From what I remember the double din kit itself is around £80, so you're saving quite a bit by getting a factory unit

Ford-Fiesta-ST-2-console.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2017 at 5:27 PM, Luke4efc said:

It should work without the second connector. You will have 1 aerial not being used (for DAB) and the smaller socket. The plug from your old unit should go into the other unit and work the same as before. I just had a look on the wiring diagram for the Focus (same stereo) and from what I could see it is just for reversing cameras or sensors, could be wrong though.

Hi mate, I've got a 2013 1.25 mk7.5 (facelift) I want to put the Sony stereo with satnav init. I'm assuming I need the screen, stereo, control panel and also the sync module. But I was wondering if its actually possible to do it or if it needs new wiring and programing?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club