Do Not Sell My Personal Information

colour coding my grey trims any suggestions

spamdan08

Hi there,

Im looking to colour code all the out side of the car i.e grill, mirrors, and the trim down the side of the car. any suggestions on how i should do this?? special paint to use??/

or does anyone no where i can get new trim etc from in black??

pics if your have done this to your car would be helpful and suggestions welcome

thankyou all. have a look at my car pics and your will see what i mean

dan

Take the grills etc off for easier handling. (I would not suggest painting in this weather however, try waiting until the warmer weather for drying) A good plastic primer, followed by ford or other paint. Then put plenty of lacquer on for protection. You should maybe think about letting a professional do it, with it being exterior etc? I done a few small pieces inside the car, and no a few friends who have done there grills. The small parts I done came out very well, but these obviously don't get any bad weather on them, the friends grills tended to suffer from chips because they hadn't been dried properly.

Getting my exterior trim painted in the spring summer, but leaving it to the professionals :lol:

getting the plastic primed to take the paint will be the task...may think simple primer do it...and it may work...but give it few months and the flakes begin!

If you removed it all yourself, I rekon you would be able to get a local paintshop to do it pretty cheap....

especially as the paint alone for yourself may come to 50+ with primer and laquer easy 50!!

they be able to bake it aswell, so be much better fixed paint

they be able to bake it aswell, so be much better fixed paint

Although beware that some of the bits could end up warping as the heat can cause any stresses in the plastics (from when they are moulded) to relax and pull the bits into odd shapes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club