Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade to ST headlights

BeebZetec

Hi,

So i want to upgrade my standard h15 headlights to the led drl you see on the ST. I have been looking around and found out that it is not that simple and that the led drls do not work as they are supposed to. Something about when drls are on, they are dim, then when headlights or sidelights are on they are bright, has anyone been able to sort this out and how have you done it?

It's possible to do so but you'll need it coded by a Ford Tech

4 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

It's possible to do so but you'll need it coded by a Ford Tech

So, it just involves a ford tech to reprogram it, do you think a local ford dealer will do it?

18 minutes ago, BeebZetec said:

So, it just involves a ford tech to reprogram it, do you think a local ford dealer will do it?

Depends on the dealer. My local one would if they could, many just aren't interested though.

17 minutes ago, CREED said:

You can reprogram it yourself using Forscan and a modified USB to OBD adaptor. Have a read through this:

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

Hey, thanks for your reply, just looking at that guide, it does not mention it being for the fiesta.

• Like 1

Just now, BeebZetec said:

Hey, thanks for your reply, just looking at that guide, it does not mention it being for the fiesta.

It works on the fiesta, I used it to mess with a couple of settings on mine.

Just now, CREED said:

It works on the fiesta, I used it to mess with a couple of settings on mine.

So in the guide it mentions about modifying that port, also gives you the option of buying it from him, do i buy it off him and just plug one side in my laptop and the other in my ecu port underneath the steering wheel?

1 minute ago, BeebZetec said:

So in the guide it mentions about modifying that port, also gives you the option of buying it from him, do i buy it off him and just plug one side in my laptop and the other in my ecu port underneath the steering wheel?

Yes, I would recommend a buying one pre-modified as most of the unmodified ones on eBay no longer support this modification. You can get modified ones more cheaply on eBay too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CREED said:

Yes, I would recommend a buying one pre-modified as most of the unmodified ones on eBay no longer support this modification. You can get modified ones more cheaply on eBay too

Do you have any links, also could you PM as I have a few other questions that i think you might be able to help me out with if that's cool with you. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club