Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible new car :-D

mama_bear

What should I be checking for on a zetec s put a holding deposit down on 1 today viewing tomorrow any info would be great 

Screenshot_2017-06-07-17-39-06.png

depends an awful lot on what engine it is. Nice looking car though :)  I wish I had gone for the ZS Body Kit.

• Like 1

I no its a 1.8 124 bhp that's about all I no at the moment and it's got a ffsh 

If you do get it get rid of the egr will cause you nothing but problems

7 hours ago, mama_bear said:

What should I be checking for on a zetec s put a holding deposit down on 1 today viewing tomorrow any info would be great 

Screenshot_2017-06-07-17-39-06.png

Is that Cars r us Abardare ? Is this the actual car? Just up the road from me 😁 is it the 1.8 petrol, if it is, it's the same engine as mine.

the 1.8 petrol then? don't think there was a 1.8 tdci with 124HP.  if its a petrol you wnt want to be touching the EGR. Emissions might be a problem :)

Generally speaking, the car is a solid car, just watch for rust on the front arch, it looks like you have mud flaps which will greatly help this.  The car is super noisy (road noise, wind noise) so don't be thinking its perfect. Don't  know how old  it is but it might be worth having the control arm bushes checked out, depending on age and miles there is the clutch and timing belt.  check for uneven tyre wear (rears should be a little lower on the inside).

Other than that, The absolute first thing I changed was the bonnet lock, I had the wee plastic bit replaced with a better design which will save you no end of trouble should the original one pop out of place. 

Oh check in the boot wheel well for obvious signs of water ingress (some focus mk2s had issues with the seals around the boot hinge.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, wilto said:

Is that Cars r us Abardare ? Is this the actual car? Just up the road from me 😁 is it the 1.8 petrol, if it is, it's the same engine as mine.

Yeah that's it picking it up Saturday can't wait

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mama_bear said:

Yeah that's it picking it up Saturday can't wait

Same car as mine, only mine is a 3 door and red, really like mine, am a bit disappointed with the fuel consumption (low 30s) but overall a great car, you won't be disappointed, it'll turn heads I'm sure 👍

• Like 3

The car you are looking at is just right for mild modifications like front splitter drl's in fog light st/rs rear led lights wind deflectors colour coded bonnet lip etc 

I might just have a set of DRL's available - and a Haynes Manual that covers your car...message me for info!!

got to wait for my car till Thursday bit gutted but I'd rather have it right than have to take it back 

How easy is the 1.8 to tune would really like leave the ex husband (*****) for dust in his fiesta st mk6?  >:) 

If it's a normally aspirated petrol, the answer is not very easi.  Takes a lot of money to get meaningful increases out of one.  Put it this way, to even match your ex husband in his ST, you will need to be getting 170bhp because the Focus is much heavier.

Should have gone for a car with a turbo on if you want to easily tune.

• Like 2

yeah, your talking some serious mods to get a NA petrol remapped with any meaningful results.  as it is,  you may be able to get about 10 extra ponies, given that you have probably lost some of those ponies over the years you might make 130, or there abouts.

If you want to get some serious performance then look in to new cams, throttle bodies and perhaps there is a turbo mod out there for it.  however, the first two alone plus a remap to get the benefit of them, will probably be in the region of £1000.  Cams alone are around £500.

in short, unless its a classic, your always better off buying the car you want rather than mod the crap out of it.  :)

Edit, I think ive seen mods taking this engine up to 210HP gonna cost you ££££

• Like 2

On 10/06/2017 at 11:10 AM, Dee_82 said:

Edit, I think ive seen mods taking this engine up to 210HP gonna cost you ££££

Not to mention that you might be unable to insure it.

• Like 2

All good points and cheers for the reply :-) 

Wilto do you no much about the garage in question as you said it's just up the road from you was meant to pic the car up Saturday but work we agreed to be done hasn't as of yet :-( 

57 minutes ago, mama_bear said:

All good points and cheers for the reply :-) 

Wilto do you no much about the garage in question as you said it's just up the road from you was meant to pic the car up Saturday but work we agreed to be done hasn't as of yet :-( 

No, sorry, I went there about 2 years ago to test drive a focus zetec s and a seat Leon, they seemed decent enough, but aren't all car dealers when they're after your money.

What work are you having done? Just keep pushing them to do the work, and try and get something free off them for your inconvenience 😉 then you'll find out what they are like. Bet your on pins to get your new car, I know I was, I had to drive to Liverpool to get mine.

3 bald tyres car hadn't been cleaned and engine was really low on oil not overly bothered about the tyres but low oil on a car with full service history makes me think I may of put a deposit on a lemon :-( 

Don't be overly worried about the low oil level, apparently the 1.8 Duratec engine suffers from mysterious oil loss, just check around the engine bay for obvious oil leakage. My engine bay is dry as a bone, but mine uses oil between services, as other members on will tell you the same. It's something to do with the oil control rings on the pistons gumming up and letting a little bit of oil through into the combination chamber, just check it every week or so and top up as needed.

• Like 1

Cheers wilto put my mind at rest a bit just hope they sort the other things out for me by tomorrow now and thanks everyone else for there replys cheers :-) 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my focus and happy few bits not pleased with but more to do with the car sales than the car it self happy with the performance for now but there are a few bits I want to get done will get some pics up when it's cleaned :-) 

Glad you're happy with the car, there's a white one appeared in the village where I live, and I must say it looks lovely in white, that was my second choice of colour if I couldn't find a red one, when I bought mine.

Sure I seen you wilto on a470 at about 5:30 on Monday heading towards ponty, how hard are the bonnet vents to fit are the cut in to the bonnet or stick ons 

8 hours ago, mama_bear said:

Sure I seen you wilto on a470 at about 5:30 on Monday heading towards ponty, how hard are the bonnet vents to fit are the cut in to the bonnet or stick ons 

Don't think it was me, I start work at 4pm.

Bonnet vents were fitted last month by a guy called Nick Wiley STparts, he arranges meet's around the country, they're cut and bonded into the bonnet, he does a brilliant job. You can find his page on Facebook. Think they cost me £95 or its £115 if you want them colour coded.

• Like 1