Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damaged sidewall & alloy - advice required

harveys

My old man smacked his C-Max wheel off a kerb this afternoon, car slipped on ice as he parked. On inspection I can see that apart from the alloy being damaged he's also got a slight tear (2cm x 1cm) in the sidewall of the tyre - just looks like a flap & it's on the bead (the raised bit?) just above the alloy. It's a Goodyear tyre, I reckon about £60-70 fitted via Black Circles. It's not done many miles - but is it a definite 'needs to be replaced' or is there any chance the tyre fitter is going to tell him it's ok if he goes to get it checked first?

He is sick...probably more so about the damage to his alloy - hopefully there is no other hidden damage, he said the impact was quite low speed.

Any comments/advice appreciated.

Cheers & A Happy New Year !

sidewall damage will mean a deffo replacement I think =/

depends...officially if it doesnt reveal or expose banding from the internal structure of the tyre, then it is legal, howeverm reccomend replacement still.

Have the track rod checked...likely to have bent it....so a wheel alignment will show that up.

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club