Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Guide] Upgrading Sync Module to show Bluetooth track info

lwatson99

Thanks for the excellent guide and info. Just to make sure, will this also work on a Fiesta mk7,5 with navigation? (Dutch Ford Fiesta 2013/11 1.0EcoBoost with colour screen)?

And would I need  D1BT-14D212 or E1BT-14D212 or does it not really matter?

I also notice some of the used parts are coming from focus or c-max, I assume these also work in the Fiesta?

1 hour ago, Vaal said:

Thanks for the excellent guide and info. Just to make sure, will this also work on a Fiesta mk7,5 with navigation? (Dutch Ford Fiesta 2013/11 1.0EcoBoost with colour screen)?

And would I need  D1BT-14D212 or E1BT-14D212 or does it not really matter?

I also notice some of the used parts are coming from focus or c-max, I assume these also work in the Fiesta?

Should work yes. All European cars were made to the same spec I believe.

D1BT is for Fiesta. E1BT is for Focus/Cmax. Both should work but I'd try and find a D1BT to make sure.

On 2/9/2018 at 5:42 PM, ebarnes.uk said:

Found this listing on ebay - 2015 FORD ECOSPORT 1.0 Petrol Bluetooth Module E1BT-14D212-ED 422

Will that work in my 2014 fiesta? 

Did it work?

3 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Should work yes. All European cars were made to the same spec I believe.

D1BT is for Fiesta. E1BT is for Focus/Cmax. Both should work but I'd try and find a D1BT to make sure.

Thanks. I'm interested in the E1BT because of the extra USB port for my dashcam. But maybe there's a risk it needs forscan to get it to work.

13 hours ago, Vaal said:

Thanks. I'm interested in the E1BT because of the extra USB port for my dashcam. But maybe there's a risk it needs forscan to get it to work.

Sounds like a lot of work when you can just hardwire the camera in.

8 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Sounds like a lot of work when you can just hardwire the camera in.

I don't know what you mean, but I want to power the dash cam from the 2nd usb port to remove a bit of clutter. Currently the camera is powered by usb via the cigarette lighter socket.

2 hours ago, Vaal said:

I don't know what you mean, but I want to power the dash cam from the 2nd usb port to remove a bit of clutter. Currently the camera is powered by usb via the cigarette lighter socket.

Well instead of using a usb, buy a piggy back fuse holder and wire the dashcam directly into the fuse box. You wont be able to see any wires.

Good luck finding the wiring adapter for the second usb lol. I don't think anyone has had the need to add a second usb from the sync module just for power. Adding a pigy back is far easier. There are proper "hard wire" kits on amazon so you plug one end into the dash cam, and crimp the other into the piggy back fuse holder.

• 4 months later...

Hi all can someone tell me is this the whole of the Sync package, i.e. does this unit / module shown in this thread control the display for the Navigation and Sync? I have a problem where my sync display keeps restarting and then the sync menu is not accessible until you turn the Sony unit off and wait for minute then it all works as normal. So my question is could it be this module playing up? I am going to drop the foot well cover and get the numbers off the unit and see how much I can get one, but is there another module or Sync / display ECU to look for? 

Could it be the Sony head unit and o any of these need to be coded again for a different car? 

I have 66 plate ST 3 and think that it has Sync1.1 with navigation, thanks for any help. 

J  

Try to do a reset in Sync menu

In radio menu you can see the version of BT, dont need to take it out 

E1BT also work in Fiesta

IMG_20190623_223534.thumb.jpg.1c46aa100c682d655abfe761e048f2aa.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I should have seen that asI went through all the screens enough times.

I took it out earlier, to be fair it s a piece of cake, a 5min job to take out and put back.

I have tried a reset many times, Master reset and I have left battery off for around 10 hrs.

My Part number on the module is: D1BT-14D212 - RB

I will check what I have in the menu though before I order anything, but I am thinking sod it, it is worth buying and trying another module. 

If it is not this playing up I guess it could be the head unit, but I do not think so as screen goes radio continues to play and only stops for about 1-2 seconds as the display comes back on. 

Thanks for help

What version of Sync you have.

5.8 is the stock version, 5.11 is the last version.

IMG_20190623_223523.thumb.jpg.89b815c29258d4691a2ccd95cf6113e0.jpg

there is any chance to make this upgrade and have google assistant working like Siri?

• 3 weeks later...

All problems resolved for me, it was simply a case of problem on the NAV card, I purchased a new NAV card from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-FORD-MFD-V10-NAVIGATION-SD-CARD-SAT-NAV-MAP-UK-EUROPE-FOCUS-FIESTA-TRANSIT/324154080079?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

MFD - Sync now stable and not restarting, it was the navigation causing the issue for me. 

• 5 months later...

Apologies if I am bumping an older topic but I am very keen to complete this upgrade to my 2013 Fiesta.

This is the model of my bluetooth module which I notice differs from the one in the original tutorial.

Has anyone completed this with success?

Thanks!

Fiesta.png

6 hours ago, jim_heaney said:

Apologies if I am bumping an older topic but I am very keen to complete this upgrade to my 2013 Fiesta.

This is the model of my bluetooth module which I notice differs from the one in the original tutorial.

Has anyone completed this with success?

Read through the original post again. You'll find it says:

On 6/8/2017 at 12:54 PM, lwatson99 said:

I replaced an AM5T module with a D1BT module to make this work

• 2 months later...

I've looked through this post and asked here and there but never got a clear answer about if changing the sync module will also allow me to change the sync language or if something else has to be changed.

I bought a 2014 Fiesta ST originally from Germany but would like to change it to English or French. I got quoted over 500€ by my local Ford dealer to change out the language but no idea if they intended to only replace the module or the whole radio unit.

Unfortunately for me, language settings only affect the "non smart" functions of the head unit, like the radio and settings menu. All sync-related functions are locked, and that's the only thing I use... 😞

Edit: My Sync module "FPN" is AM5T-14D544-AE for reference. planning to go for a D1BT-14D212-ED from a UK-based seller on eBay ( but waiting on an answer first )

7 hours ago, Solakug said:

I've looked through this post and asked here and there but never got a clear answer about if changing the sync module will also allow me to change the sync language or if something else has to be changed.

I bought a 2014 Fiesta ST originally from Germany but would like to change it to English or French. I got quoted over 500€ by my local Ford dealer to change out the language but no idea if they intended to only replace the module or the whole radio unit.

Unfortunately for me, language settings only affect the "non smart" functions of the head unit, like the radio and settings menu. All sync-related functions are locked, and that's the only thing I use... 😞

Edit: My Sync module "FPN" is AM5T-14D544-AE for reference. planning to go for a D1BT-14D212-ED from a UK-based seller on ebay ( but waiting on an answer first )

I don't think the language settings are stored in the SYNC unit, but are in the radio itself.

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

I don't think the language settings are stored in the SYNC unit, but are in the radio itself.

So just dumb design by Ford ? Multiple language options available for radio / cd player functions but only one possible for Sync and you need to change the whole radio for a language swap ? 😞

• 1 month later...

I followed this guide to the letter,. It I'm now having to reprogram as-built because it's causing two electrical faults in IPC if you do the self test and the u300f code also in ipc, this is due to the as-built on the APIM upgraded module not being the same as the one the car came with

• 9 months later...
On 1/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, Zico said:

@M6 44t car park attendant sent you a direct message with a link to the Sync 1.1 v5.11 files.

I couldn't find the forum thread/posts from earlier on last year that had all the info about the update process so have summed it up in the direct message.

@ZicoCan you do the same for me please    It would be so helpful