Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 power folding mirrors question

BeebZetec

Hi

I have a question about power folding mirrors. I was checkingthe fuse box underneath the glove box and notice I have the right fuse box with one of the relays, however I have noticed the second relay is not there, but also the input to put the relay is not there either. Does anyone know why and how i can get passed this? 

Hope that makes sense.

Are you trying to fit powefold mirrors? Or is something wrong with yours? I don't get what you meant with

3 hours ago, BeebZetec said:

how i can get passed this? 

52 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Are you trying to fit powefold mirrors? Or is something wrong with yours? I don't get what you meant with

Sorry, i am trying to fit power folding mirrors 

ou do not have powerfold mirors if you do not have the relays, switch or wiring harness.and of course the powerfold mirrors.

28 minutes ago, karl46 said:

ou do not have powerfold mirors if you do not have the relays, switch or wiring harness.and of course the powerfold mirrors.

I understand that, i know what parts i need. What i am saying is in the fuse box i only have one relay and no slot to put the other one.

5 minutes ago, BeebZetec said:

I understand that, i know what parts i need. What i am saying is in the fuse box i only have one relay and no slot to put the other one.

Not sure if you're goosed at this point then mate. If you've no wiring harness then not only will your mirrors not get power from the fuse box, but your ecu won't know what to do (even after programing). I've just been told to check for a certain number of wires in the door harness, and if it doesn't match then you can't do it, however I probably haven't looked into it as much as you, so could be wrong.

• Like 1

Yet another license to print money. Power fold mirrors are almost bound to cause probs, either with cold weather or with extreme use. A built-in money maker.

My advice - turn off auto fold and only use when needed.

I'm sure that there s a tutorial on this or a video on utube.

Be good if i could fold one in at one time as would be a massive help for me.

I have seen some video on fitting folding mirrors,could be YouTube a while ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there abit of info for you powerfold mirror don't run on grey relays they run on gem modules that are situated ok both driver and passenger doors there called gem modules they are at the top nearer to to the front if you check the wiring loom from your mirror that comes in and check both sides of the plug if there is 10 wires in either side then you can directly replace mirrors and activate.through forscan on extended license if you hav only 4-6 wires On it or you don't have gem modules then it can't be done 

IMG_1188.PNG

10 wires on the left is the cars loom 6 on the right is the standard electric heated mirror 

Oh I forgot to say you will need a powerfold mirror switch 

IMG_1023.PNG

• 1 year later...

Hi mate could u. Give me some info on this and how to activate any help much appreciated thanx

On 6/22/2017 at 3:06 PM, Ben.s said:

10 wires on the left is the cars loom 6 on the right is the standard electric heated mirror

On 6/22/2017 at 3:04 PM, Ben.s said:

Hi there abit of info for you powerfold mirror don't run on grey relays they run on gem modules that are situated ok both driver and passenger doors there called gem modules they are at the top nearer to to the front if you check the wiring loom from your mirror that comes in and check both sides of the plug if there is 10 wires in either side then you can directly replace mirrors and activate.through forscan on extended license if you hav only 4-6 wires On it or you don't have gem modules then it can't be done 

IMG_1188.PNG

How do u activate these with forscan

Hi Ben can u give me details on how to activate mirrors or could u do it for me

• 2 weeks later...

It's ok mate my mates done them very easy fit on my zetec 

• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, Rob garrity said:

How do u activate these with forscan?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club