Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moonroof Ford Edge

Davidunion

Hi

After six months the Panoramic Sunroof has packed in. It Opens, But fails to close without a  push now!

It appears as if  there is not enough power getting to the motor as it slows down and stops, plus it does not operate as described in the book.

The Dealer is contacting Ford to see if they can advise. Goes in to Garage next week.

Q. Has anyone had the same kind of problem?

Not yet- but only had mine 3 months. 

1 hour ago, Davidunion said:

Hi

After six months the Panoramic Sunroof has packed in. It Opens, But fails to close without a  push now!

It appears as if  there is not enough power getting to the motor as it slows down and stops, plus it does not operate as described in the book.

The Dealer is contacting Ford to see if they can advise. Goes in to Garage next week.

Q. Has anyone had the same kind of problem?

Had mine 6 months and only opened it a dozen or so times and its still good. I do park under trees, so I expect some ingress of crap in the runners at some point. There are big discusssions on the Ford Edge World Wide (FEWW) group about numerous isses with it and also a few videos on youtube on how to clean the runners and re-lubricate them. There are a few plastic parts in there that do fail, but I suspect theh only go when its forced when its overdue some TLC. A good garage should sort it, even though I dont think its on any formal periodic maintenece shedule.

Never had any issues with opening/closing, though it did leak . . . Lots! 😧

Apparently, according to the dealership, this was caused by a small amount of grease left on one of the runners 😧

have only tried it a few times in the last 6 months, with no problems.

Only thing I found was that can not close inner cover when roof open.

This maybe just me pressing the wrong button though.

Ours has always sounded like it was struggling to close but it does ..... for now !

22 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

have only tried it a few times in the last 6 months, with no problems.

Only thing I found was that can not close inner cover when roof open.

This maybe just me pressing the wrong button though.

No you can't- although to be fair I don't know why you'd need to do. One feature I do like, is that if you press the tilt button the the inner cover closed. It's opens that first and then tilts the roof.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club