Do Not Sell My Personal Information

changing a Mondeo 1.8 TDCi fuel filter (2010)

Tad0ms

Hey guys,

I've recently been looking at how to change the fuel filter for my Diesel 2010 TDCi and have come back with some mixed feedback on how difficult it is and what you need to do it. This took me less than 15 minutes including me faffing around and flapping about ti going wrong.

All you need is;

• Fresh diesel ( in a can)
  • Turkey baster/large syringe
  • fresh fuel filter
  • bucket for the old filter to go in
  • tissue

That's it really, on the newer models they've made it easier to do apparently. I didn't need a pump or anything to get rid of the air in the lines or anything, I used a technique from another forum to do it and it worked a treat.

1. Locate your filterFilterLocation.thumb.JPG.79e8b0865f2c656d4c90ba489c8a29d5.JPG
  2. remove the electrical fitting on the left hand side of the filter head, underneath that metal bracket.
  3. tissue at the ready to catch the overflowing diesel, there's not a lot.
  4. remove the filter head and put to one side, wide the inside because diesel sits in the top of there.
  5. lift the filter out and let it drain into your filter body.
  6. once that's done, get it into you bucket out the way.
  7. new rubber seal in and place your filter through the middle of it.
  8. with the fresh filter in, it will only partly fill, leave it for a couple of seconds to absorb some of the diesel.
  9. get your turkey baster and jerry can and start getting some diesel in there and fill it to the brim, you'll have to lift it out slightly to get as much as you can in.
  10. when your'e near the top, get some more diesel down the centre of the filter so it's full to the brim all the way round.
  11. screw the filter head back on finger tight.
  12. key in the ignition to the second position so it starts the electronics and spools the filter. repeat about 8-10 times, press the pedal if you want.
  13. then start the engine. 

I had no dramas doing it this way what so ever. less than 15 minutes all in. 

OldFilter.thumb.JPG.47a7e5f216678e484d2c12b0f8ea7f25.JPG

My old filter was absolutely minging, looks like it hadn't been done in the full 75K on my clock. There's all sorts of fine fibres in there which look like wet cobwebs tangled in it. What I did find was no black smoke over 2.5K revs and a much smoother rev as well. mine's just chock full of s**t i guess.

• Like 1

I used a similar technique mate, I change min every year and it still looks minging!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club