Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is a remap really worth it?

tomlong98

I've been looking recently at Remaps for my 1.8 Tdci, but for £350 will i actually feel much difference ? What's your guys experience with Remaps? Tia 

Definitely. Do it. Remapped both my diesels. 1 series was great. Scirocco not so great off the line obv but great on the motorway. Mpg isn't really effected much. Will be of you drive around like you stole it. But same driving will be better. Pick up will be mich better. Engine will be much smoother.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack the post but i have been thinking of remapping and 1.6 tdci (with DPF) but I've told by a couple of people that this model is quite well know the turbo going and that the remap would make this happen more often, any advice or thoughts are welcome.

Lad I used to play footy with had his 1.8 TDCI MK2 remapped to about 160 BHP and the difference was day and night.  Unfortunately I can't remember where he had it done, I know after a couple of years it was still going strong.

If the turbo is fragile its going to go with or without a map. Guy at works got 160k on his 1.8 i think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Before my current mk2.5 i had a 2008 citroen c4 1.6Hdi vtr+ non dpf with 80k on clock. Believe its a very similar if not same engine and i had it remapped from 110bhp to 140bhp it was night n day change.. so much smoother better mpg and pulled like a train in every gear no matter the revs.. pity rest of car was rubbish!! 

• Like 1

I'm driving it, remapped when it had 16k, blocked EGR, pipercross air filter, now it is on 111k, I will never sell it. Fast in all gears.

Remapped here SM Chip Tuning

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club