Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Hand break

howard.mills

Does anyone know how difficult it is to changeout a Mondeo hand break , mine has stopped holding the car , I am convinced it's the ratchet on the leaver not the pads or adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exhaust needs dropping down , heat shield off, unclip the n/s and o/s cables. remove 3 nuts .then from inside remove centre console to access handbrake ,disconnect handbrake switch , then remove handbrake.

• Like 1

I've done my mk3 cables without dropping the exhaust, just bent the heat shield out the way enough to get in and used a ratchet spanner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stef123 said:

I've done my mk3 cables without dropping the exhaust, just bent the heat shield out the way enough to get in and used a ratchet spanner.

butcher!! lol and me but i was giving an official responce. ha ha 

i did 100's using your method, as early handbrakes had auto adjustment that was rubbish. had to replace with manual adjustment type

• Like 1

Haha yes I guessed that. Haven't been unlucky enough to come across the old auto adjuster type but I've heard all about them.

i think that middle heatshield is now missing on my car. Next handbrake adjustment or cables will be easier lol. 

So I guess it's the bend ratchet method that's the easer out of the two don't want to drop the exhaust as I may never get it back the way it should be !!! :-(

How difficult is it to get the Center console out

If I get a second hand one from eBay how do I know if it's the manual adjust type or the auto adjust type ? Is there a part number I should look for

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club