Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St150 gearbox blown/clutch?

Patrico777

This morning on way to work I think my slave cylinder is gonne same as clutch not sure if it is gearbox as well oil came out and the clutch pedal is loose dead what I include pictures how muchI am looking at for fix ? Car is on 76k 

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

IMG_7445.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG

IMG_7447.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

Concentric slave cylinder? Seems likely, but no way of knowing without dropping the box.

32 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Concentric slave cylinder? Seems likely, but no way of knowing without dropping the box.

Yeah hopefully its clutch ! Im not sure its gearbox oil that came out or brake fluid my brake fluid reservoir is half of it

Aye, the reservoir is divided in such a way that a clutch leak won't cause a brake failure.

8 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Aye, the reservoir is divided in such a way that a clutch leak won't cause a brake failure.

Ahhh so its all good then I am getting towed to garage today so brakes will work that is good I was worried

• Like 1

Car is in garage got towed and on dashboard popped msg saying low brake fluid level check owners guide so I guess it was brake fluid That leaked I ordered new clutch from euro car parts £250 LUK brand

• Like 1

Its gearbox as well it has hole inside !!!

Holy Corbyn! What's happened to it?

You been racing around, Patrico777?

There is hole in box its self from bottom not sure what happend

On 14. 6. 2017 at 1:25 AM, GaryPL said:

You been racing around, Patrico777?

No driving normally not saying like granny did push it a bit but that what is made for the car

I feel your pain Bro.  New box?

Looking at the pics there is no way that is brake fluid, far too much of it and also wrong colour.

an expensive day out for you. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah it cost me £700 in total box new clutch labour 

IMG_7482.JPG

• Like 1

Just this here wheb twisted is bit noisy seller said will be fine once installed on car 

IMG_7483.JPG

the input shaft is twisted? no danger would i even attempt to fit that. 

No when mechanic have twisted this highlighted there on pic it made little noise seller said once fitted wil be fine

IMG_7484.PNG

ah you mean when rotated? it is a little noisy. Sorry it read to me that the input shaft was twisted lol 

11 minutes ago, stef123 said:

ah you mean when rotated? it is a little noisy. Sorry it read to me that the input shaft was twisted lol 

Yeah when rotated sorry I am so fed up that I dont even no what I am saying hahaha makes little noise when rotated 

It'll make a little, particularly if the box has been dry for a while, but if the shaft rotates smoothly and feels smooth you should hopefully be fine.

3 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

It'll make a little, particularly if the box has been dry for a while, but if the shaft rotates smoothly and feels smooth you should hopefully be fine.

Yeah turns nice and smoothly no problem at all getting it fitted latest on Sunday 

• Like 1

On 15. 6. 2017 at 7:18 PM, Jethro_Tull said:

Just got the job done the gear knob feels so stiff, clutch is nice and smooth what could be the problem?

there is picture of old gearbox broken and also new one installed

IMG_7519.JPG

IMG_7521.JPG

IMG_7522.JPG

IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7524.JPG

IMG_7525.JPG

Clutch bled out properly?  Clutch properly aligned on the flywheel?  None of the gear cables snagged or trapped?

2 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Clutch bled out properly?  Clutch properly aligned on the flywheel?  None of the gear cables snagged or trapped?

I hope so I will call that guy ask him as it just does not seem right

47 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

We can check that but all I've done is remove and refit

he said