Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trouble finding paint

Birch

So I need a can of paint made up for a part I bought. I've looked at the paint code on my car and it says K9 however on every site I search that up K9 is some blue colour. As you can see my car is red. Also I don't know what kind of paint to get or where to even get a can made.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Birch said:

So I need a can of paint made up for a part I bought. I've looked at the paint code on my car and it says K9 however on every site I search that up K9 is some blue colour. As you can see my car is red. Also I don't know what kind of paint to get or where to even get a can made.

Hi Mat,

MK1 paints are someone we use locally Wednesbury (West Midlands) they're very good! give them a call might ask for more details off your VIN plate and maybe reg to identify correct code.

Link to their site below 

http://www.mk1paints.co.k/contact.html

Rob

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Hi Mat,

MK1 paints are someone we use locally Wednesbury (West Midlands) they're very good! give them a call might ask for more details off your VIN plate and maybe reg to identify correct code.

Link to their site below 

http://www.mk1paints.co.k/contact.html

Rob

Ooooh fantastic! Will they be able to mix the paint for me too? If so then they're only a 20 minute drive which is perfect. Thank you!

As far as I believe yes they can mate! give them a call ASAP not sure if they close early on a Friday :) 

Just tried and it rang through to voicemail, I'll try again in half an hour or so. I'm out and about today the other side of Brum to collect a back box so I could always just head to the store and see if they're open.

Yes Matt, worth a go! I have the same model & year as you just in white! let me know how you get on with them.

Ford dealer.  A1 match, not unreasonable price.

Got some paint mixed today! Dad actually sent me to a place in Smethwick where he has been before and a couple of cans of paint and lacquer was a little less than £50. Like a muppet I am I have the ST180 deflector but I forgot to buy the spats so they should be arriving sometime this week. Once they're painted then it's a job for me and the old man to get them onto the car!

I'm really happy with how it has turned out.

19141879_10209680974287370_781159900_n.jpg

19250910_10209680974967387_246287978_n.jpg

19239618_10209680974327371_1035325474_n.jpg