Do Not Sell My Personal Information

recall of 1.5 diesel / camshaft sprocket

itscraig

As previously mentioned I am booked in next Wednesday. I will be pressuring the garage to provide me with a list of parts replaced, I would like a record of what is new on my car and if the cam belt has been replaced I wont be replacing it at 70k (or what ever the service interval is) I will be waiting for my current mileage plus the service interval!

Going to see if i can get them to update the ECU and PCM while im in there too, probably a long shot.

8 hours ago, lim57 said:

As previously mentioned I am booked in next Wednesday. I will be pressuring the garage to provide me with a list of parts replaced, I would like a record of what is new on my car and if the cam belt has been replaced I wont be replacing it at 70k (or what ever the service interval is) I will be waiting for my current mileage plus the service interval!

Going to see if i can get them to update the ECU and PCM while im in there too, probably a long shot.

Definitely worth getting them to do those. Just say to them, car is under warranty, can you please update all my cars modules. Due to the various issues with my radio all of my modules in my car are running the latest versions because they went ahead and did all of them anyway. Has made a massive difference, car is pulling like a train and goes like poo off a stick now there isn't any dead spots like with the older software. 

My booking confirmation shows 

• Carry out EVHC

From what I can tell it's some sort of electronics health check, I wonder if out of date software would be picked up with this? (Maybe @iantt could help?) 

Evhc is just a visual check of the vehicle in general, the only electronic aspect is the pad the technician uses to record the results of this check.

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

Evhc is just a visual check of the vehicle in general, the only electronic aspect is the pad the technician uses to record the results of this check.

Ah ok, cheers Ian. 

Is there any way for us mere mortals to check previous warranty / recall work done on our vehicles? 

3 hours ago, Mark_ZS said:

Ah ok, cheers Ian. 

Is there any way for us mere mortals to check previous warranty / recall work done on our vehicles? 

Ask your dealer to check the system. I did it with mine as I suspected there had been warranty work on mine but there wasn't any log of it being an ex Ford employee car.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Ask your dealer to check the system. I did it with mine as I suspected there had been warranty work on mine but there wasn't any log of it being an ex Ford employee car.

Will do - Cheers Andy.

just had my local ford dealership phone me to up to cancel the booking that was on this monday for the work to be carried out ..

i asked why ? and their answer was they could not source the parts from ford ...

i told them i find it hard to believe and asked when they will get the parts ..

their answer was " dont know " 

told them i was putting a complaint in about this .

so i phonned uk ford customer services and told them a few home truths

now im waitng until monday for someone from ford to phone back with an answer

***** up in a brewery ... springs to mind :angry::angry:

• Like 1

Interesting, the only confirmation I have had was a verbal one on the phone!

May tell them I'm getting the delay in throttle response I have read about on this forum, see if I can push them for the updates. Need to speak to them on Monday anyway as I was driving home from work today and the gaiter came detached from the centre console! Clipped it back in place but jusy keeps popping out again... Only had the car 13 days and it's already been more interesting than the 14 year old fiat punto I traded in! 

On 2017-6-23 at 7:54 PM, lim57 said:

Interesting, the only confirmation I have had was a verbal one on the phone!

May tell them I'm getting the delay in throttle response I have read about on this forum, see if I can push them for the updates. Need to speak to them on Monday anyway as I was driving home from work today and the gaiter came detached from the centre console! Clipped it back in place but jusy keeps popping out again... Only had the car 13 days and it's already been more interesting than the 14 year old fiat punto I traded in! 

I demo'd an ST TDCI for a week and it kept doing that all the time!  The other MK3.5's I've driven haven't so I suspect it's just Ford's usual hit and miss approach to quality control.

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

I demo'd an ST TDCI for a week and it kept doing that all the time!  The other MK3.5's I've driven haven't so I suspect it's just Ford's usual hit and miss approach to quality control.

The really upsetting thing is, you will need to experience their hit and miss (mostly miss) approach to customer service to get the problem(s) sorted! :yucky:

I am sorry to hijack this a a thread to document the failings of my car but... driving down the motorway today and tried to wash my screen, the jet of water droops as it does when you're out of washer fluid. But I'm not out of washer fluid as I filled it up yesterday in anticipation of the long journey. Guessing the pump has gone. Another thing to add to the list of repairs for next week. 

Guessing my car was put together on a friday afternoon.

17 hours ago, lim57 said:

I am sorry to hijack this a a thread to document the failings of my car but... driving down the motorway today and tried to wash my screen, the jet of water droops as it does when you're out of washer fluid. But I'm not out of washer fluid as I filled it up yesterday in anticipation of the long journey. Guessing the pump has gone. Another thing to add to the list of repairs for next week. 

Guessing my car was put together on a friday afternoon.

Can you please start a new thread. This is completely irrelevant and can be answered in a new thread. Thank you.

• Like 4

On 6/22/2017 at 8:01 AM, DJ_Andy_M said:

Well had it done. Involves the drivers side wheel coming off and quite a lengthy list of components including the cam belt.

Unfortunately I never managed to get the back page off the job sheet. 

Would you able to post that list? 

• Like 1

On 2017-6-22 at 8:01 AM, DJ_Andy_M said:

Well had it done. Involves the drivers side wheel coming off and quite a lengthy list of components including the cam belt.

Unfortunately I never managed to get the back page off the job sheet. 

The answer is no sadly.

My 1.5 tdci was built 21.06.15 and there's nothing on etis for my car

FYI. My car was in yesterday and has had the cam shaft sprocket done. I have not picked up the car yet due to let's say 'other disputes' so do not have a job sheet. Interestingly they had booked my car in for the wrong thing but did the repair anyway. I'm mentioning this as it must mean that there isn't a shortage of parts! 

• Like 1

There probably is now that the cat is out of the bag! Glad I got mine booked in as soon as I did!

Just got my car back. As with other people they wouldn't let me take away the job sheet. But I did get a long enough look at it to see all the parts which were replaced. The list is as follows 

Timing belt 

Sprocket 

Sprocket bolts 

Crankshaft bolt 

Tensioner bolt 

Engine mount nuts x3

Idler pulley nut 

The important part on this list for me was the timing belt has been replaced. Although they wouldn't give me the sheet I was told this has been updated on the Ford service system along with the milage. So if you get your car serviced at an approved Ford garage they will not be looking to replace your timing belt until your current milage plus the service interval (100000 miles?)  

Hope this is useful for people. 

• Like 2

does anyone know if this affects 1.5tdci Fiestas?  logically I would think so as same engine and I assume same components in the engine (I am aware that Focus has higher bhp - fiesta is 75bhp and 95bhp)

3 hours ago, isetta said:

does anyone know if this affects 1.5tdci Fiestas?  logically I would think so as same engine and I assume same components in the engine (I am aware that Focus has higher bhp - fiesta is 75bhp and 95bhp)

yep 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, lim57 said:

I don't pretend to be bright when it comes to anything mechanical ... hence my questions.

As far as I can deduce on my Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI the camshaft drive belt etc needs to be replaced every 112,500 miles (or ten years).  My car (37,500 miles on the clock) is on the recall list and, on the face of it, presumably now won't require a new camshaft drive belt etc until 150,000 miles?

But I read this on ford.co.uk:

"We take care to check the parts and if we find anything wrong we can repair or replace parts. It is recommended that when your timing belt is replaced, you also replace the water pump at the same time. This reduces your risk of engine damage and repeat repairs, and ensures continued safe motoring."

Can't see the water pump on the list of things to be replaced as part of the recall, so

1. should we ask that it is included as part of the recall work (even if it is at our expense)? or

2. should a water pump last okay for 150,000 miles?

Just got mine back, no issues getting a copy of the paperwork but it doesn't say much, other than the warranty work was carried out, tyre pressures were checked and electronic health check carried out. 

They did give me this however, looks like it's just the timing belt that's replaced (as well as the sprocket)

yfsv5A6.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mark_ZS said:

Just got mine back, no issues getting a copy of the paperwork but it doesn't say much, other than the warranty work was carried out, tyre pressures were checked and electronic health check carried out. 

They did give me this however, looks like it's just the timing belt that's replaced (as well as the sprocket)

many thanks for that

Hi all , newbie here and all thanks to Ford cancelling some warranty work on my 64 plate 1.5 Focus reg 8/12/14 . This their reason being 'in their words'. There is a sprocket recall on your car and it makes sense to do it all in one day,, fine I said, would that be next week??? Errr no we are having trouble sourcing the parts at the moment, but will be in touch as soon as we get them. So I ask would that be a few weeks or a month, their reply we can't honestly say!!!! Oh ok I say, An one other thing should I be concerned about this issue, NO there's nothing to worry about it's not something major!!!! ........

I'm a sparky not a mechanic but I certainly know about the cambelts An how things can go terribly wrong ... Where to go from here????

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club