Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Ford Fiesta ST seats

Fiesta4Life

Hey there,

I'm kinda new to the car world & a few months back I got my first car, which was the 2010 Fiesta. I'm absolutely loving it so far and I am already considering some tweaks, one of which are new car seats. It came with all the ST goodies exterior and interior (the engine was stock 1.6l TDCi diesel tho), but I love the 2014 recaro ST seats so I've been wanting those ever since I got the car...

So could I fit +2014 ST seats in my 2010 Fiesta, is this possible ?

While I'm at it, the things that I'd also like to do are a new intake, exhaust and re-map it. Could anyone link me a mean sounding exhaust ? A good intake would also be nice, and where would you say that a safe cap for re-mapping a 1.6l 90hp diesel is ? I was thinking 135hp ? 

Would appreciate any help and suggestions, thanks!! :D

19264135_1801548283204998_973357406_o.jpg

19349237_1801548309871662_93557417_o.jpg

ST seats will be the same bolt pattern however the same can't be said about the wiring harness for the seatbelt checker and the airbags.

Not sure how supported the diesels are in terms of remapping and supporting mods.

Wait a minute. Are those scissor doors?!?!?

• Like 3

Holy cow, yes!  Beetlewing doors on a Fezza!

• Like 2

Thanks for the replys!

And yes, they are scissor/lambo/betleewing doors, however you would like to call them haha :')

I am blown away by them doors. How did you do it?

• Like 1

I get that alot! haha

It wasn't me who did it, its super complicated, I ordered the parts and took it to a workshop (both of which cost quite alot, trust me- however it's super complicated so the price acctually makes sense).

Regarding the seats from what I've read the only difference between the mk7 and 7.5 is bodywork so I don't see why they wouldn't fit. However I have been wrong before.

• Like 1

I've read elsewhere that they'll fit, but have no first hand experience.  TBH I'd be surprised if they didnt.

SRS connectors may differ, but its not a big deal.  If you're clever enough to fit Lambo doors you'll be clever enough to mate the wires.

• Like 1

Thanks, that helps alot, wouldn't want to pay good money for them only to not be able to fit them, and as for the wiring, I agree that the connectors are most likely different, but like you said, we will think of something :D

If you have any ideas about the other questions mentioned, please do share :)

19 minutes ago, Fiesta4Life said:

If you have any ideas about the other questions mentioned, please do share :)

Ye about mapping the diesel, why on earth did you buy a diesel? D: I drove one of the 1.6 diesel vans we have at work last week and I only did a short trip in it and I hated it.

• Like 1

Big intercooler, high flow injectors, better intake/filter, remap...

• Like 1

Well, I got a diesel because fuel economy is a big thing here in Croatia, the fuel is insanely expensive... :/

@Jethro_Tull, would you be so kind to link these parts that would fit my car, cause I'm kinda skeptical when I'm getting parts online, so I wouldn't want to make a dumb mistake such as ordering the wrong parts...

3 minutes ago, Fiesta4Life said:

Well, I got a diesel because fuel economy is a big thing here in Croatia, the fuel is insanely expensive... :/

That makes a lot of sense. If you're after an exhaust too I've heard Mountune do some decent ones if you're after a bit of noise.

• Like 1

How much is it a litre, I just checked online at it said max of €1.30 a litre

• Like 1

I'm afraid I have no specific knowledge of tuning these motors I'm afraid.  My suggestions are simply generic diesel tuning tricks.

• Like 1

@Luke4efc when you combine the 1.3 euro per liter with a wage of 350 euros per month, that transitions to needing cars that aren't too demanding fuel wise :P

Thanks for the help, feels good to have a supportive community :)

Ah I see. Wow I bet you can easily end up spending a third of your wage on fuel. You must've had to sell your kidney to afford them scissor doors ;)

• Like 2

To be honest, it would be impossible without the help of my older brother and my father haha, especially since I'm a student :P

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update, the seats are coming in 10-14 work days so when I get them in the car ill post some pictures! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yoo!

The seats are here and they fit perfectly into the car!! :)
As you guys warned me, the wiring harness is completly different so I'll have to figure that out, if nothing works, I'll just put some resistors on the harness so there is no error in the computer :').
I also installed a console with a hand rest, however, I'm from europe and I ordered my parts from the UK, so the console, even though it fits perfectly will need some tuning, nothing that I didn't take into consideration already though.
I also installed a wodden board in my trunk which acts as a stall for my bigg ***** bass in the trunk, and it looks quite fantastic hehe :D
And as far as re-mapping the engine, I found a local place that does this professionally and they recommended 120hp/260nm, which is a good improvment over my 90hp if I may say so!
Here are some pics of the process and thanks for all the help, much love from a budding Ford enthusiast :D <3

IMG_20170708_142934.jpg

IMG_20170708_142940.jpg

IMG_20170708_180825.jpg

IMG_20170708_180844.jpg

IMG_20170708_180900.jpg

IMG_20170708_192815.jpg

IMG_20170708_192823.jpg

IMG_20170708_192831.jpg

IMG_20170708_192836.jpg

IMG-20170704-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20170704-WA0044.jpg

IMG-20170704-WA0045.jpg

IMG-20170705-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20170705-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20170705-WA0010.jpg

Tres bien!

• Like 1

Nice....👍👍👍

did you sort the wiring..??

• Like 1

Not yet... I had to go to a local Ford shop to ask them for the shematics for the wires and whatnot but they wont hand them out because the parts I bought weren't bought from their shop... :/ Talk about customer service lol
Hopefull I manage to come up with something (Y)

• Like 1

Really wanna do the swap but hate when little things like that get in the way...

• Like 1