Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Leak?

Nikki68

Hiya Everyone

I had the cambelt done about a month ago with the water pump all ford stuff :). then the expansion tank went so have replaced that with ford again :) now it seems after finding a small puddle under the right hand side of car the radiator has developed a leak. Before i go & order a new radiator as i don't think i be able to do this myself can anyone confirm if they have had this trouble before & its definitely the radiator had Cracked/ split.

Thank you for any advice Nikki 

30th anna rad.jpg

Are you sure it's the radiator? A split hose or a bad connection is more likely to fail.

Hiya

Yes i put powder all over the pipes & thermostat housing & even the radiator cap you see in the picture . I ran the car until the fan came on  there where no leaks anywhere apart from that part of the radiator . I am thinking the plastic side of the radiator has cracked / split or got a very small hole .

Been looking also for a guide on how to remove & replace the radiator but cant seem to find one :( 

Radiators are a standard thing to swap on all cars. They're all the same really. Disconnect anything connecting to it (remembering where it goes) and unbolt the bracket and remove. Install is the reverse.

ok thank you

As i have a aircon radiator as well i was looking for how to remove the radiator safely from the other radiator & where the bracket was holding them both etc . I think i can do the rest without taking the bumper off ..

Hiya

Can anyone help with a part number or a link for a very good radiator for a 1.6 2007 fiesta mk6.5 thank you ..