Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK3.5 Climate Control

jmacp1808

Hi

My Titanium comes with dual zone climate control.  Had an issue with no cooling, aircon was found to be empty now regassed.  On the dash there are 4 vents.  Vents 1 and 2 passenger are significantly colder when set at say 16 than vents 3 and 4 driver is this normal?

I wold have thought if both zones are set at 16 then all vents should feel roughly the same?

Thanks

John

9 hours ago, jmacp1808 said:

Hi

My Titanium comes with dual zone climate control.  Had an issue with no cooling, aircon was found to be empty now regassed.  On the dash there are 4 vents.  Vents 1 and 2 passenger are significantly colder when set at say 16 than vents 3 and 4 driver is this normal?

I wold have thought if both zones are set at 16 then all vents should feel roughly the same?

Thanks

John

Well, driving around yesterday I believe my front vents were all equally as cold as each other....

Thanks for the reply can anyone suggest a possible cause?

Are you running on the "AUTO" setting, or setting your own manual air distribution?

manual so same temp directed to all outlets.

John

If both are set to the same temperature I'd expect them to be identical. Is there potentially two units that get gassed and maybe one still has a leak?

I'd use the auto setting, otherwise it depends where the air distribution is set, and then I wouldn't necessarily expect all vents to be the same. Both sides will revert to the same after they haven't been touched for a while (well, mine does)