Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Build ST Line

SJAC

Hi, I'm currently waiting for my new Ford Focus ST line,  the dealer says that it is currently being built and is at the segmentation stage.  The dealer still thinks it will take 34 days after the car has been gate released and has left the factory until I will be able to get the car.  This seems like quite a long time - does anyone have any experience of how long it takes between leaving the factory & getting the car - thanks

patience , patience !!

if you wanted a car quickly you shoulda bought something off the forecourt.

sheesh.

• Like 3

Usually takes about a month from being built to arrive.

Segmentation means your car has been allocated all its parts from stock, but hasn't been built yet.

• Like 1

Thanks - the car was ordered back in February, happy to wait but pleased that its now moved on a stage!

thats crazy, I specced mine from the brochure and the dealer was able to log into the ordering system and see what cars were due for delivery. In their system he showed me that of each factory spec, a number would be delivered to the country and we could reserve one of those. I would assume if we can do that here (ireland) it would be the same everywhere else. ordered mine last week and will have it the first week in July.

Just now, elsparko said:

thats crazy, I specced mine from the brochure and the dealer was able to log into the ordering system and see what cars were due for delivery. In their system he showed me that of each factory spec, a number would be delivered to the country and we could reserve one of those. I would assume if we can do that here (ireland) it would be the same everywhere else. ordered mine last week and will have it the first week in July.

Usually that's only cars they have already ordered themselves for stock.

If you then make a big change to the spec, it sends it to the back of the queue like a new order anyway.

Just now, alexp999 said:

Usually that's only cars they have already ordered themselves for stock.

If you then make a big change to the spec, it sends it to the back of the queue like a new order anyway.

ah ok. from the way he said it to me, I was under the impression that they were due for delivery to the country and it was first come first served. he had said otherwise, if one wasn't in transit already, I would have to wait for the next shipment of cars

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered mine delivery mid October!!

• 2 weeks later...

We ordered our Focus ST Line 1.5 150bhp in Tiger eye in May 3rd and it was built 3rd July and its being delivered to the dealers 8th August. We was told there was a shortage of the 1.5 petrol engines.

14 minutes ago, JAKE191 said:

We ordered our Focus ST Line 1.5 150bhp in Tiger eye in May 3rd and it was built 3rd July and its being delivered to the dealers 8th August. We was told there was a shortage of the 1.5 petrol engines.

3 months is how long it should take, they probably just gave that excuse to make you feel better, lol.

• Like 1

What are the main differences between ST Line and just ST?

6 minutes ago, Gavin01 said:

What are the main differences between ST Line and just ST?

ST-Line:

• Sport suspension (10mm lower, slightly stiffer than standard)
  • 1.0 125PS, 1.5 150/180 PS, 1.5 TDCi 120PS Engines.
  • Quickest 0-62 is 8.6s
  • Standard "sport" seats (they are the same as Zetec and Titanium)
  • Dress up kit (standard bumpers underneath).

ST:

• ST sport/performance suspension (don't know about height but firmer than ST-Line).
  • 2.0 250PS or 2.0 TDCi 185PS
  • Quickest 0-62 is 6.5s
  • Recaro seats
  • ST bodykit (different front and rear bumper).

There are more, but these are just the things off the top of my head. The ST-Line is just a rename of the old Zetec S, but with a black headliner and some badges.

• Like 1

Just now, alexp999 said:

ST-Line:

• Sport suspension (10mm lower, slightly stiffer than standard)
  • 1.0 125PS, 1.5 150/180 PS, 1.5 TDCi 120PS Engines.
  • Quickest 0-60 is 8.5(?)s
  • Standard "sport" seats (they are the same as Zetec and Titanium)
  • Dress up kit (standard bumpers underneath).

ST:

• ST sport/performance suspension (don't know about height but firmer than ST-Line).
  • 2.0 250PS or 2.0 TDCi 185PS
  • Quickest 0-60 is 6.5s
  • Recaro seats
  • ST bodykit (different front and rear bumper).

There are more, but these are just the things off the top of my head. The ST-Line is just a rename of the old Zetec S, but with a black headliner and some badges.

Ok thanks.  Was driving my dads ST 2.0 TDCi at the weekend.... made me want to replace my Focus with an ST lol...

The other difference is that the "real" ST will eat through it's front tyres in around 10k, lol.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gavin01 said:

Ok thanks.  Was driving my dads ST 2.0 TDCi at the weekend.... made me want to replace my Focus with an ST lol...

Can always buy a used 66 plate STLine 2.0 tdci, same engine but de tuned to 150bhp, then superchip remap it to 214bhp & 470 NM torque. That's what I've done . 

They don't sell the ST Line 2.0 diesel now , probably because people were re tuning them lol 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, drsdriver said:

Can always buy a used 66 plate STLine 2.0 tdci, same engine but de tuned to 150bhp, then superchip remap it to 214bhp & 470 NM torque. That's what I've done . 

They don't sell the ST Line 2.0 diesel now , probably because people were re tuning them lol 

Oooohhh... that's not a bad shout..

Our Ford Focus as now been delivered to 598cbab81e9bc_2017-08-1018_37_26.thumb.jpg.1972324e0ed14e29606b843c14c26664.jpgthe Dealers today we will take delivery within the next few days as it needs PDI and valet 

• Like 1

ive not seen many in tiger eye, lad at work has same st line in tiger eye

Looks good, like a slightly darker tangerine scream from the ST.

• Like 1

Like the new style door edge protectors.

colour looks nice, nice to see a different colour scheme. 

Enjoy your new motor. 👍 

Nice looking car, especially the wheels =)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Like the colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Like the colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk
Yeah I like that too. I always think of it as iron brew =)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club