Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto's - Can engine's be tuned?

lew_man

Hi, sorry if a silly question, but i have an auto & wondering, can i do thing's like having k&n induction kit on it? 

I spoke to someone from revo today & i'm going to be popping in soon so we can discuss further about ways to do a stage1 remap on it. : )

It's 1.0 ecoboost

Yes of course you can :) 

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. Let me know if you get anything done.

• Like 1

In theory it shouldn't make a difference as your only changing the engine. You just have to make sure the tranny is rated for the power and torque.

Perhaps the gearbox is not up to it. The powershift is available with either the 1.0 or 1.6 engine but both are 100hp. The new Fiesta is heavier than the old but has not had a power increase so the new Fiesta's claimed 0-60 time of 12.5 seconds is nearly 2 seconds more than the old model.

I have also been looking at Peugeots which are available with a proper Japanese 6sp TC box,. The 208 has 110hp and the 308 has 130hp. The 208 110 claims 0-60 in 9.5 seconds. All this suggests to me that something is up and Ford aren't  bothered to fix it.

I've had the Bluefin tune on my 125PS Powershift for 9 months now. The TCM was changed under the standard recall before I fitted it. No problems since and actually drives much smoother than stock.  Can't say for other tunes. 

• 2 weeks later...

cheers all, well i think i'll poss wait until warranty runs out in feb for anything engine modified. But induction kit really is main thing i would do. focus more on interior/outside first to get to the standard i want it at

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club