Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's your EcoBoost fuel of choice?

kossofffan

So I'm on only my second tank of BP Ultimate & have no real comparison with other fuels, so what's you preferred choice. Do you feel the higher octane fuel is beneficial in terms of performance & economy?

the cheapest supernarket fuel on offer. allways have done since supermarkets sold fuel.

• Like 1

When i first started driving i always used to use supermarket fuel but i haven't done for years since cutting open a fuel filter and seeing how gunky it had got!

I now only use ESSO, BP or Shell.

I prefer ESSO as i pass two on my route to work so easy. Every few tanks i top up with BP Ultimate for the cleaning properties and have never had any problems.

It may well be placebo or for my own piece of mind but the MPG speaks for itself.

I use Esso fuel simply because the Esso station is attached to a Tesco Express 2 minutes from my work so it's convenient for me.

• Like 1

For any normal road car (that isn't making stupid HP or been tuned) then any fuel should be fine or they wouldn't be allowed to sell it.

I've always stuck with regular Shell, just because it's the closest garage. My advice is don't use supermarkets, but don't bother with premium fuels, you won't notice anything on a Fiesta.

The standard of maintenance of the storage facilities at each individual site is far more important than the individual brand.  Its also not at all unusual for the tanker driver to fill up the standard tank with super, or vice versa, because they're colour coded the same.  So its not worth getting too precious over it.

Thanks fella's, A proper mixed bag of replies. :)

I use BP (non ecoboost) and always have but my local one is useless and run private and don't look after the stuff,when i had my bike i

found sand in the carb (bottom of the little dish) where float is so i try to keep away and also be good to know,the pump keeps cutting off

and he said its fords,other 2 BP garages are fine,cant hold trigger right in and leave it fill.

Being a new driver, i did ask a friend about this the other week. he said for my motor (ecoboost 1.0) just use standard fuel, none of the premium as thats mainly based for more powerful vehicle's, you won't see any difference & be wasting your money. I tend to use Shell as fuel pumps seem to be easier/lower to use for myself

• Like 1

use Shell as one is next to work and another is next to missus house so it convenient, i will sometimes use supermarket fuel rarely, but i worked out that using Shell i only spend £1.50 more id rarther pay the extra and have peice of mind 

1 hour ago, AlexBartlam said:

use shell as one is next to work and another is next to missus house so it convenient, i will sometimes use supermarket fuel rarely, but i worked out that using shell i only spend £1.50 more id rarther pay the extra and have peice of mind 

You have a valid point, regarding paying a little extra for the piece of mind, however is that more important than any gained performance, or is that a welcome extra?

Jethro_Tull talked about the standard of maintenance of the storage facilities which is an important issue! Perhaps they should have random checks and be given ratings on the fuel quality on that retail site.

2 hours ago, kossofffan said:

You have a valid point, regarding paying a little extra for the piece of mind, however is that more important than any gained performance, or is that a welcome extra?

Jethro_Tull talked about the standard of maintenance of the storage facilities which is an important issue! Perhaps they should have random checks and be given ratings on the fuel quality on that retail site.

using regular Shell gives no performance boost unfortunately as they are only 3 pot hatchbacks, but i use it as it helps keep the engine clean and running smoothly, since i bought it this time last year, iv noticed the engine had been running smoother but that could be a number of things.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club