Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST springs on a ZS

AlexBartlam

hi all

as the title suggests will ST stock spings fit on my 2013 ZS, the reason  i ask is a friend of mine his dad has a ST and has i assume upgraded his suspenstion so they have been sitting in my friends garage and said he'd do them cheap for me as he was going to put them on eBay. if they will, will it lower it any more as the ZS as thats what i want to do by 30mm

hes also got a ST intercooler which i would like but again dont know if it will be compatible.

I'm sure someone else will be able to answer you more precisely, however I would imagine the ST springs are designed to balance the weight of the 1.6 engine, hence will not work with the 1.0 ecoboost (much lighter) engine.

• Like 1

thats what i was thinking that they are made to compensate the weight of the car 

ST intercooler won't work, the 1.0 ecoboost uses a vertical one next to a smaller radiator. The ST uses a full width radiator with horizontal intercooler in front of it.

ST springs won't work either, designed for the weight of a 1.6 ecoboost and 6 speed box, which will be heavier, so it will probably ride higher rather than lower.

Why not just grab some eibachs?

thanks alex yes my suspisions were correct, i am getting some either from ford fair or online, but i was talking to my friend yesterday about lowing it and he told me about the ST ones hes got in the garage, so was just asking maybe save me some money, ill get the Eibach ones im looking at anyway.

I'm not 100%, but iirc the Zetec S is already lowered 10mm, so the eibachs will probably only drop it by 20mm.

If you go too low it looks daft anyway imo.

yh im just looking at closing the gap slightly as its got the dress up kit on it but sill looks too high, i dont want to be scraping the bottom like these ricers you see pottering about but low enough to look better.

You may as well save a few more quid and buy coilovers and get the ride height and setup exactly tailored to your needs.

yh could do it is a big part in the decision its find some that are cheap enough but good quality, which is hard to come by, so i thought about getting quality springs that are reasonably priced.

another question with coilovers, say for instance i want 30mm lowered, but say for instance i want to lowerit an extra 5mm for a show or meet to give it an extra good look. can i adjust them or with they need re tracking. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club