Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting

chrisjw

I'm considering getting my 3 rear windows tinted.  Is it a fairly straightforward job to do it myself, or is it better to get it done professionally. I live in a first floor apartment, so won't have access to electricity for a heat gun etc. Also, can anyone recommend a decent tint supplier. I was thinking 20%.

I'm also considering a side stripe.

Hi Chris, If you do them yourself regular and are good at it then give it a go otherwise, if you want a perfect finish pay someone to do them mate. I tried once and failed, air bubbles everywhere so paid £120 for three rear windows. Not bad price tbh!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

Hi Chris, If you do them yourself regular and are good at it then give it a go otherwise, if you want a perfect finish pay someone to do them mate. I tried once and failed, air bubbles everywhere so paid £120 for three rear windows. Not bad price tbh!

Hi Rob.

Must admit, I haven't attempted it myself before, although I'm quite handy.  However, I wouldn't want to mess it up & I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I think you're right. Get it done by someone.

Chris.

• Like 1

Yes Chris, it all depends on your desired finish I guess. Just hold out for someone to do it and shop around for the best price

no harm in trying, iv got to redo mine and have been quoted £70 for rear and £40 for two rear sides, a roll of 20% tint on eBay costs about £7-£10 so no harm in giving it a go and if it does go wrong you can then go and get it done professionally.

37 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

no harm in trying, iv got to redo mine and have been quoted £70 for rear and £40 for two rear sides, a roll of 20% tint on ebay costs about £7-£10 so no harm in giving it a go and if it does go wrong you can then go and get it done professionally.

The ones I looked at are already cut to size, which would make it easier...............http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Cut-Window-Tint-FORD-FIESTA-MK7-08-16-3DR-Medium-Smoke-35/222525146084?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I think I'll attempt this myself though.....shouldn't be too difficult, although I'm a bit worried about it fading or peeling off................http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDE-STRIPES-GRAPHICS-TO-FIT-FORD-FIESTA-PAIR-CAR-DECALS-STICKERS/132136770885?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

just follow the instruction lots of soapy water i heard was good but dont take my word for it.

The two sides are really easy to do and get good results with as it's quite flat. The boot was a whole different story. Tried to use the heatgun and more bubbles just appeared as I was trying to flatten it to the glass. Spent about an hour on different settings and no luck. Gave up and ripped it off, going to buy better tint next time but it's hard to get hold off. I'm starting to think it's just a myth so tinting professionals can get you to go to them instead of doing it yourself

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrisjw said:

The ones I looked at are already cut to size, which would make it easier...............http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Cut-Window-Tint-FORD-FIESTA-MK7-08-16-3DR-Medium-Smoke-35/222525146084?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I think I'll attempt this myself though.....shouldn't be too difficult, although I'm a bit worried about it fading or peeling off................http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDE-STRIPES-GRAPHICS-TO-FIT-FORD-FIESTA-PAIR-CAR-DECALS-STICKERS/132136770885?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Can you let us know how you get on? £20 and a bit of work is definitely worth a shot!

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

The two sides are really easy to do and get good results with as it's quite flat. The boot was a whole different story. Tried to use the heatgun and more bubbles just appeared as I was trying to flatten it to the glass. Spent about an hour on different settings and no luck. Gave up and ripped it off, going to buy better tint next time but it's hard to get hold off. I'm starting to think it's just a myth so tinting professionals can get you to go to them instead of doing it yourself

Maybe, for £20, I may just fit the sides & not bother with the rear window, if it proves difficult. The sides should darken it sufficiently for the rear not to look odd.

I found it looks odd when you've got the sides dark and back clear.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club